Details: Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend
Education Pioneers is currently accepting applications for the EP Summer Fellowship from professionals who want to use their background in data analysis, project and program management, strategy, and operations to transform the education sector.
Education Pioneers recruits, develops, and connects talented professionals from diverse personal and professional backgrounds to work for K-12 school districts, charter schools, and other education organizations in non-instructional roles. Unique in scale and scope, EP is one of the only organizations to bring diverse talent into the education sector and prepare them to lead meaningful change as they advance in their own careers.
The Summer Fellowship provides an opportunity to engage with critical challenges in the education sector. Fellows are placed on 10 week projects with leading education organizations, using existing skills and experiences to make the biggest impact. During their placement, Fellows participate in leadership development programming alongside a cohort of diverse peers designed to build the mindsets and K-12 knowledge necessary to become a change agent in education.
Since 2003, we've partnered with over 750 education organizations across the country and developed an alumni network of 4,000 and counting. EP leaders in education serve as senior managers at three times the rate as their private sector peers and 9 out of 10 Alumni believe that EP is an asset to their resume.
Fellows hold various roles depending on their placement. Previous Fellows have:
- Project managed the launch of a new charter school by directing the school’s setup and developing efficient administrative systems
- Redesigned a charter organizations financial model to be more usable, scalable, and drive strategic decisions while helping the organization secure an $8 million grant
- Led, designed, and built online, interactive data dashboards to show student performance over time
- Utilized teacher performance data to develop a mentorship programs pairing experienced educators with new teachers
- Assisted in the expansion of a charter management organizations internship program by building partnerships with local businesses and non-profits while creating lesson plans for the school’s career and college readiness course
- Research local, state, and national education policies to identify best practices, including on issues of school choice, early childhood education, and school turnaround
- Read more project examples from EP Alumni with a background in data analysis, operations, strategy, and project management
The Fellowship provides hands-on, real-world experience as well as training in leadership skills and K-12 education issues. After the Fellowship, Pioneers gain the unique support and networking opportunities offered by EP and our robust nationwide network of more than 4,000 Alumni.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of full time, professional work experience, excluding undergraduate or graduate internships
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for the entire program (international students eligible only if visa assistance is not required)
- Commitment to the full program term including the ability to complete 10 consecutive weeks of employment, attend convening’s, and other mandatory aspects of the Fellowship
- Enrollment in or completion of graduate degree program
- Experience in data analysis, operations, strategy, and/or project and program management (Professional experience outside of the classroom is strongly preferred)
- Intermediate skills in Excel and knowledge in Tableau, SPSS, STATA, or other data visualization and data management software is a plus
- Ability to take initiative and drive results
- Track record of success in academic and professional settings
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
Timing & Benefits
- Education Pioneers priority round application deadline is December 18th
- The Summer Fellowship runs from mid-June to mid-August (exact Fellowship start and end dates will be confirmed in spring, 2019)
- Fellows receive a $7,200 stipend
- Apply Today!
Placement locations: Boston Metro Area | Chicago, Il| DC Metro Area | Denver, Co | Kansas City, MO | Los Angeles, CA | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | Newark, NJ | New Orleans, LA| New York, NY | San Francisco Bay Area | Tulsa, OK
Education Pioneers believes it is critical for leaders in urban education to reflect the communities they serve. We actively recruit those who identify as part of historically marginalized communities, including people of color and individuals from the LGBTQIAA+ community, to join the Education Pioneers network. We support equal opportunity for all people and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the Fellowship.
Minimum Education Required