Details: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
475 Riverside Drive
The Grants Associate will be responsible for all government and foundation grants at CCF. Annually, CCF is funded by 20-30 grants ranging in size from $2,500 to $500,000. The Grants Associate will find opportunities for grants from new funders, write grant proposals, submit grant proposals, and work with the Director of Development & Communications (DDC) and the program staff to write and submit reports for existing grants. The Grants Associate will have the opportunity to work with the current grant-writing consultant to learn the style of CCF’s proposals in the first several months on the job. Experience in managing government grants is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Prospect new grant opportunities, including opportunities to connect with program officers at foundations
· Write government and foundation grant proposals for CCF’s direct service, advocacy, and technical assistance programs.
· Maintain grant information in Salesforce database and in both digital and paper files.
· Work with DDC and program staff to write and submit reports for grants.
· Assist DDC in maintaining strong relationships with program officers.
· Create annual plans for grant proposals; work with DDC to develop long-term fundraising plans.
- Commitment to organization mission and a passion for criminal justice reform
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing both government and foundation grants
- Superior writing skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling written materials
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to analyze government and academic data and reports
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communications skills
- Flexible, self-directed and highly organized; able to work simultaneously on a number of projects
- Knowledge of Salesforce or commitment to learning Salesforce
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to craft messages that resonate with multiple audiences
- Ability to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable in a growth-oriented and changing initiative
- Flexibility and willingness for limited travel and occasional events outside work hours
- Superior computer skills and willingness to learn and use new technology
- Willingness to adjust to fluctuating organizational priorities
Benefits package adds approx. 29% value to salary. Flexible working hours after first 3 months of employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Melanie Steinhardt, Director of Development & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample relevant to the job description. Please use “Last Name- Grants Associate” as the subject line. No phone calls please.
CCF is an EEOC employer. Persons with criminal justice histories are encouraged to apply.