30 Broad Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions.Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor.iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model.
Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 25,000 students with mentors and this year, iMentor is serving nearly 9,000 students across the country. iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation.
iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are mission-focused, results-oriented, passionate and fun, and were named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by Opportunity Knocks and The Nonprofit Times.
iMentor is seeking a customer-service oriented Office Coordinator (OC) to provide a warm welcome for guests, serve as a source of information and direction for visitors and staff, receive deliveries, answer phones and general office emails, and provide tier 1 IT support to our NYC office. Reporting directly to the Operations & Facilities Manager, the OC will manage day-to-day relationships with vendors, licensees and building management to be the welcoming, respected and kind face of iMentor.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, systems and project-based thinker who is quick to identify needs and take the initiative to address them. They will find it gratifying to help others and solve problems, even if the same problem or question arises again and again. The OC will be reliable, punctual, trustworthy and an excellent communicator; the kind of person who can quickly earn the trust of the entire staff.
- Supervising all entrances and exits from the main entrance to ensure no unauthorized persons enter the iMentor space
- Welcome guests of multiple organizations including iMentor. Verify the person or organization they are meeting with, notify the staff member or organization that their guest has arrived, direct the guest to stow coats and bags as needed and offer them water and restroom facilities as needed
- Receive all deliveries from mail and couriers, distribute items to various staff members or organizations and accept packages from vendors via the service freight elevator
- Answer the main iMentor telephone line and transfer calls to the appropriate staff members as needed. Act as a first line of defense and gatekeeper to keep unwanted solicitations from entering employees’ phone, email or voicemail
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and forward emails to appropriate staff members for action
- Lead process to organize and streamline all Operations & IT related tickets on ZenDesk portal, gather additional information, cover quick fixes and delegate tasks to the appropriate Ops Team member(s) for escalated issues
- Troubleshoot and provide tier 1 IT support for individuals, conference spaces and shared devices and oversee loaner computers
- Set up seating arrangements and hardware for new staff in NYC and work with IT to send and receive hardware from our regions (Chicago & Bay Area)
- Reconcile credit card statements, submit invoices for Ops team and provide ad hoc HR onboarding support during high volume seasons
- Manage day-to-day relationships with vendors, licensees and building administration to coordinate repairs and replacements to office facilities as needed
- Work with building management to ensure facilities are maintained satisfactorily, and communicating with the building when they are not
- Manage iMentor’s Evening Events protocol through the Operations ZenDesk portal and Outlook calendar
- Research and vet new vendors with Operations & Facilities Manager’s oversight
- Collaborate and execute on office branding projects
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events
- Outgoing, friendly, and customer-service oriented. The type of person who jumps to their feet to help when someone approaches
- Responsible, trustworthy, reliable, and punctual. The type of person who is always on time and always follows through on commitments and is quick to earn the trust and respect of others
- High emotional intelligence; able to recognize situations and needs and respond appropriately with minimal intervention, supervision, or direction
- Keen written and verbal communication skills; able to share quick and detailed messages to large groups of staff members clearly and efficiently
- Experience handling confidential information and can operate with discretion
- Some experience with or interest in systems and project management; hunger for growing systems-thinking and process orientation
- A quick learner who is great at remembering important facts and details, and can maintain a smooth flow of information and contacts to the correct staff members
- Highly organized, great at juggling multiple priorities
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check, conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the NewYork City Department of Education
Compensation & Benefits
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
How to Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position.Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required