Director of SONYC Programming, Youth and Family Services
- Job posted by Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services is looking for a multi-site Program Director to oversee our growing SONYC Programs Unit. Currently we have two SONYC after-school programs. Our SONYC Boulevard program is designed for 30 middle school students who reside in the Boulevard Family Center located in Elmhurst, Queens, transitional housing for those in need in Elmhurst, Queens. The SONYC 39th street program is a center-based program designed for 25 middle school students in neighboring schools in Sunnyside, Queens.
The Director of SONYC programming will be responsible for creating dynamic SONYC after-school programs utilizing youth development best practices and principles in conducting academic enrichment, project based learning, leadership, arts and physical education activities.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming and Adult and Immigrant Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support after-school programs for Middle School students.
- Supervise a team of a Program Coordinator, Instructors and Group Leaders.
- Organize program logistics, such as schedules, space reservations, resources needed, etc.
- Travel and coordinate supervision between two sites.
- Collect and organize data in Salesforce and other funder related databases in a timely manner.
- Ensure that DOH regulations are adhered to and prepare for program audits by DOH and other evaluators.
- Meet all contractual obligation such as meeting enrollment, rate of participation, and timely reporting.
- Work closely with families, parents, and guardians to ensure the needs of students are met.
- Create a strong sense of community which values respect, acceptance, and high expectations.
- Other job-related tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in relevant field or Associates Degree with at least 18 approved coursework credits in Child Development, Education or related field.
- At least 2 yrs. experience working with children in an Afterschool environment with at least one-year experience in a supervisory role. Experience supervising Middle School programming desired.
- Experience working with diverse communities and youth considered at risk. Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish speaking) a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
***If interested, please send you resume and cover letter Donald Lubin, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org*** Indicate “SONYC Program Director” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer