Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an energetic, personable individual to join the company as the Education Program Manager, School Partnerships.
The Education Program Manager is a full-time, year-round position administrating the day to day operations of Roundabout’s School Partnership Programs across New York’s 5 boroughs.
· Oversee the planning and implementation of residency, workshop, and Roundabout field trip activities for school partners
· Collaborate with Teaching Artists and school contacts to develop and monitor partnership goals and operating budgets
· Book Teaching Artists in residencies and support their partnership with educators
- Book partner school ticket orders in Tessitura
- Liaise with RTC Staff to host school partner theatre visits
- Conduct site visits to school partners to observe and monitor partnership progress
· Collect, maintain, and review program assessment materials
- Advocate for school partnership models by participating and presenting at conferences, workshops and ongoing involvement with professional organizations
- Advocate for school partnership funding, as assigned
- Provide administrative support to teachers and Teaching Artists, including advisement on aligning residency work with National, State, and New York City Learning Standards
- Collaborate with RTC staff in auditioning potential Teaching Artists
· Support Roundabout Youth Ensemble, as needed
· Assist with Student Matinees and Theatre Access workshops, as needed
- Supervise a full-time seasonal apprentice and summer intern
- Co-Produce the annual College and Career Readiness Day
- Co-Produce IATSE Hidden Career Path Days
· Implement efficient administrative systems to support program, such as the increased use of the Tessitura database for constituent and program tracking
- Collaborate with Education Data and PD Coordinator to provide financial, curricular, and statistical reports for internal and external purposes
- Contribute to grant proposals and reports as needed
- Monitor Teaching Artist payroll for associated programs
- And other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree as well as a minimum of 3+ years of not-for-profit experience required. Degree in Education or related work experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will be extremely personable and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills and a roll up your sleeves and get it done attitude. S/he will also possess the following:
· Direct experience managing budgets
· A general knowledge of all aspects of professional theatre
· A strong understanding and proficiency with technology and computer software programs such as Tessitura CRM (or similar), Microsoft Office and Adobe Create Suite
· Understanding of and experience with NYC DOE processes
· Comfortability interacting with students, educators, parents, artists, and arts education professionals
· Strong organizational skills
· Multilingual skills (a plus).
Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Able to lift 30 lbs.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.www.roundabouttheatre.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code EPM-0318 in the subject line. No phone calls please.