CCS Summary: Since 1969, Center for Community Solutions (CCS) has been creating safe and healthy communities with a core emphasis on the prevention and intervention of sexual assault and relationship violence. Our mission is to end relationship and sexual violence by being a catalyst for caring communities and social justice. CCS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create an inclusive environment and a diverse workforce from all backgrounds, abilities, and cultures.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Legal, Counseling & Advocacy Services Director, oversee operations of CCS’ Domestic Abuse Forensic Exam (DAFE) program. Recruit, train, supervise, and schedule volunteers for the DAFE program. As primary and back-up support to the DAFE team, provides in-person advocacy and follow-up services for individuals who have been victims of intimate partner violence. Also provides crisis intervention and resource/referral services both in person and by phone to individuals seeking legal assistance, counseling, and other various supports related to intimate partner violence. Seeks out and maintains relationships with complementary organizations in order to build capacity in the community to expedite better results for intimate partner violence victims. Works as part of the Domestic Abuse Forensic Exam (DAFE) team and collaborates with all other CCS departments to provide comprehensive client services. Implement best-practice service standards, conduct ongoing quality assurance checks, and establish and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with community partners.
Essential Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, criminal justice, or related field.
· Minimum two years’ direct services experience with intimate partner violence, sexual assault, child abuse issues, family violence intervention, and/or crisis intervention.
· Minimum one year direct supervision experience with volunteers, interns, or staff in the provision of services related to intimate partner violence, sexual assault, child abuse issues, family violence intervention, and/or crisis intervention.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, SPECIALIZED TRAINING
· Following the successful completion of CCS’ California OES-approved Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Training, complete a minimum of 12 hours of ongoing training per year as required by CalOES for staff that provide direct client services.
· Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish.
· Strong computer skills, demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed, and accuracy.
· Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to work with interdisciplinary teams, community partners, and collaborative efforts.
· Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds.
· Commitment to CCS’ mission, vision, and values and a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing root causes of violence and survivor needs.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience developing and enhancing community collaborations.
· Experience in program evaluation and in conducting needs assessments.
· Experience as a trainer.
· Live Scan criminal background check.
· Must maintain personal cell phone for work-related purposes.
· Must have reliable transportation available for work-related purposes, a valid California driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
· Ability to work in intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and stalking fields, which at times inherently create safety concerns.
· Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Also includes time at courthouses, police departments, and a forensic exam facility, which is a small, enclosed space with environmental conditions similar to a hospital emergency room.
· Work schedule may require some occasional early morning or evening hours.
· Must be available to work some evening and weekend hours for relief and training duties.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
CCS offers benefits to full time employees such as, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Long-tern Disability, Paid Time Off, 13 Holidays, and Tuition Assistance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Minimum Education Required