Desk Clerk (Ping Yuen North - Weekday Swing Shift)
- Job posted by Chinatown Community Development Center
PING YUEN NORTH
Job Summary: The Desk Clerk is responsible for maintaining safety and security of the building for all tenants. This position involves extensive interaction with staff, tenants, vendors, law enforcement, and visitors in compliance with Property Management Policy and House Rules.
Chinatown neighborhood, San Francisco
Monday through Friday, 4:00p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
DOE, Comprehensive Benefits
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 27 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Screen all visitors who enter and leave building.
- Monitor all exits via surveillance footage + foot patrol of building during shift.
- Update the daily log in detail to pass on information.
- Screen incoming phone calls and route phone messages to proper staff
- Report House Rules violations to the Property Manager
- Take initiative in calling 911 or non-emergency police per protocol and report all building emergencies to the On-Site Manager, Property Manager and/or Property Supervisor
- Write up incident report and route to proper staff per protocol.
- Respond to all building emergencies in the absence of On Site Manager, Property Manager or Property Supervisor
- Assist tenants with requests e.g. open maintenance work orders
- Maintain orderliness of the front entrance, lobby, and adjoining rooms/areas
- Post and distribute tenant notices
- All other tasks as assigned by Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Takes initiative to problem solve
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances
- Willingness to do varied tasks
- Calm disposition
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Sensitivity to issues facing Family, homeless, disabled, and elderly populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier / North Beach / Chinatown Neighborhoods
- Prior experience with security and/or reception work
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs
- Familiarity with Fisherman’s Wharf / Pier / North Beach / Chinatown Neighborhoods
- Familiarity with fire panels and life safety/emergency procedures
- Bilingual in English and Chinese, Russian, and/or Spanish languages
Minimum Education Required