315 Avenue U
An Invitation to Excellent Leaders To Apply for the Position of
Human Resource Manager
Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School
Brooklyn, New York
About Coney Island Prep
Coney Island Prep is a college preparatory public charter school in Brooklyn, New York. Merging growth, performance and commitment, the Coney Island Prep community takes its responsibility to prepare students for the college and career of their choice very seriously. Professionals balance their sense of ownership and responsibility with humility and levity and are supported every step of the way.
Coney Island Prep currently serves over 1,000 scholars across its three schools, including 300 scholars in kindergarten – fourth grade at the elementary school; 360 scholars in fifth – eighth grades at the middle school; and 350 scholars in ninth-twelfth grade at the high school. The mission of Coney Island Prep is to prepare every student to succeed in the college and career of their choice. We achieve success through a rigorous academic program in a supportive and structured school community.
There is no more urgent task than to educate students from low-income backgrounds. So we hire professionals who are committed to the core. It’s high-energy, fast-paced, tiring and sometimes all-consuming. But we wouldn’t have it any other way. And neither would you. You own your work and when you reach your goals, you reach higher. Our leaders work incredibly hard, and are inspired by the urgency of what we do. We need leaders who aren’t afraid to ask for help, feedback, and support. They’re driven by personal responsibility, data, and results, and they’re not above doing whatever’s asked. They make friends at work, smile through hectic days, and add a little levity in along the way.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and evaluation of all human resource functions across all three Coney Island Prep schools and will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
Mindsets and Experience
· Passion for education and a dedication to Coney Island Prep’s mission
· Steadfast belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels and deserve an opportunity to succeed in the college and career of their choice
· Bachelor’s degree required; and at least three years of human resource-related experience preferred
· Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and superb organizational skills
· Self reflective and open to feedback, with the ambition and desire to grow one’s professional practice
· An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for innovation and creativity
· A positive, solutions-oriented attitude and drive for excellence
· Willingness to be a team player
· Oversee new hire and terminating employee administration, including benefit-related paperwork and compliance
· Handle day-to-day insurance plan administration (adds/terms, information changes, invoice review, staff inquiries)
· Maintain personnel records for approximately 160 staff members
· Execute successful administration of semi-monthly payroll runs
· Support teaching staff in pursuit of New York state teaching certification
· Assist with staff evaluations and administer surveys to identify strengths and areas for improvement across the organization
· Cultivate a positive staff culture across the organization by identifying and implementing team-building opportunities and retention strategies
· Ensure organizational handbooks/policies and procedures manuals adhere to current guidelines and standards in the workplace.
· Conduct and analyze exit interviews; recommend changes based on data.
· Contribute to non-HR school-related initiatives with an “all hands on deck” attitude.
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- As a regular full time employee of Coney Island Prep School, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental and vision, as well as a generous retirement benefit package.
- Staff members are provided with laptops and access to all the necessary technology and resources needed to succeed in their work.
Feb. 1, 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should go to http://grnh.se/vw6eli1 to apply for available jobs. Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, citizenship or disability.