Basic Job Function
Provide the organization with technical support for computer, telephone and business systems by keeping them updated and operating correctly. Assist with maintaining systems, as well as implementation of new systems. Participates in projects led by the IT department under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology. Provide initial on-boarding training on network, systems, and telephone system.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to inquiries and requests for support from staff in main and regional offices via the organization’s service desk system. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software user issues. Maintain necessary updates and patches to hardware and software environment. Documents and maintains log of user incident reports and course of action taken.
- Maintains inventory and renewal of hardware, software. Support staff’s ability to connect to office systems remotely and communicate using multiple channels (email, IM, and voice). Participates in the development of system upgrades and modifications.
- Manage user accounts and permissions in Active Directory. Sets up and trains employees on Microsoft Office 365 applications and initial training on network and information system. Supports and administers business systems like Dynamics CRM and Loanware.
- Assists with the administration of voice and data networks. Support organization wide videoconferencing capabilities. Coordinates installation and maintenance of VOIP telephones; trains staff on the use of voice mail, deploys new telephones and coordinates training for staff.
- Performs and monitors the daily data back-up and mail archiving process; perform data restores from backup.
- Oversees and participates in the customization and testing and deployment of modifications, customizations and updates to systems.
- Keeps Director of IT and CFO apprised of progress through regular updates or meetings.
- Manage cloud platform/subscription based services; MS SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Office 365 and Project Web Access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of customer service and communications across the organization; including response times within industry norms and computer related troubleshooting is identified and corrected on a timely basis for all staff.
- Maintain computer performance; backup and security patches are identified and resolved in a timely manner to ensure maximum productivity, daily back-ups completed successfully, and aborted or incomplete jobs are addressed immediately to retain integrity of network data.
- Maintain telephone system and ensure works consistently with no interruption or loss of voice mail service; Videoconferencing and conference calls work consistently.
- Employees are trained on business systems and software; timely responses to questions and concerns.
- Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers and team members.
- Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
- High level of satisfaction with both internal colleagues and external contacts.
Education: Two years or more college level coursework in computer science, computer information systems, networking, computer programming or system analysis. Certified in CompTiA A+ or CompTIA Network+ is desirable. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Previous Experience: One or more years of related experience in enterprise user support, preferably in the nonprofit or financial services sector.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of organizational and detail skills
- Great oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and respond quickly to developments
- Experience in Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Adobe Acrobat and front-end experience supporting VOIP telephone systems.
- Experience with videoconferencing and other related communication systems.
- Ability to think creatively about problems.
Unusual Requirements: Ability to lift PC and server equipment and some overtime required.
IFF values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Instructions: Applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Desktop Support Specialist” in the subject line.