Details: $75 - $90K, Commensurate with experience
80 Maiden Lane, 11th Floor
Building stronger communities, one family at a time.
Parenting Journey is a nonprofit innovator of high-impact programs headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with a chapter office in New York City. At Parenting Journey (PJ), we are working towards the day when every family has what they need to thrive and succeed. Our work is rooted in the belief that all parents want what is best for their children. However, we recognize that some parents cannot reach their full potential because of layers of systemic injustice, which disproportionately impacts communities of color, low-income families, and immigrants.
PJ partners with parents to realize their strengths through therapeutic groups that reduce stress and foster social networks, advocacy for equitable policies that benefit all families, and partnerships with other family-focused nonprofits. We work with over 2,000 staff at nearly 300 organizations across Massachusetts, New York, and Washington, D.C. to deliver high-impact programs that positively impact families throughout the Northeast.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, the Director of Development will oversee multi-city fundraising efforts with a focus on our New York office. They will be responsible for the growth of a diversified development program, including the cultivation of major donors, raising awareness of PJ with the general public, corporations and foundations.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director of Development, plan, develop and implement an aggressive fundraising program to solicit gifts though events, annual giving, planned giving, and major gifts program.
- Directly solicit and close gifts from major prospects
- Identify, cultivate, build and solidify relationships with new and established donors
- Develop strategic engagement opportunities to grow the network of volunteers, individual and corporate donors.
- Provide leadership in planning and executing cocktail receptions and annual gala in New York. This will include all logistics; corporate and individual sponsorship; support and coordination of volunteer committees, and other related areas as identified
- Analyze historic patterns of giving and develop strategies to encourage new gifts and identify new sources of revenue, as well as increase current giving
- Facilitate efforts to increase institutional support
- Support the direct marketing and annual fund program
- Represent the organization at external events as requested, including some weekends and evenings
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Director of Development must be committed to partnering with families and have a deep appreciation and enthusiasm for the role that family plays in a healthy and thriving society. They will be detail-oriented, driven, creative, and flexible.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Proven ability to raise significant contributions
- An excellent communicator who speaks and writes with clarity and purpose to a wide variety of internal and external constituencies
- An independent, strategic thinker with good judgment, sensitivity and common sense
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence
- Strong volunteer management and event planning skills
- Knowledge of the philanthropic community in New York
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to travel 30% of the year
- Uphold unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility in the area of fundraising
· Proven track record of setting and achieving goals, securing new funding opportunities, and managing a comprehensive fundraising program
· Demonstrated success planning and implementing special events in a nonprofit environment
· Experience managing junior staff
· Experience with SalesForce, a plus
LOCATION: Somerville, MA or New York, NY
JOB TYPE: Full time
SALARY: $75 - $90K, Commensurate with experience
Paid sick, vacation, and personal time. Generous employer paid holiday schedule. 100% employer paid short term disability, long term disability, AD&D insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
English language fluency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Parenting Journey is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to Anna Yanco-Papa at email@example.com. For more information about Parenting Journey, please visit our website at www.parentingjourney.org.