The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC) is seeking a Health Educator to provide outpatient care as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team. MSAHC provides comprehensive medical, reproductive health, behavioral health and health education services to more than 10,000 New York City teenagers and young adults annually. As the first primary care program in New York specifically created for the health needs of adolescents, it is a model of excellence in adolescent health care nationally and internationally.
- Assess personal and sexual history of patient and either provide or refer for services based on patient history.
- Counsel adolescents on:
- Family planning
- Pregnancy prevention
- Reproductive health/healthcare education
- HIV/STD risk reduction
- Make referrals to appropriate staff regarding:
- Nutritional counseling
- Smoking cessation
- Substance abuse counseling
- Physical and mental abuse counseling
- Psychological counseling
- Document of services provided to patients
- Participate in patient care meetings
- Perform outreach in schools, community based organizations and other locations (when directed).
Education: Minimum: B.A. preferred
- Working in a health care facility providing a variety of risk reduction services.
- Excellent assessment and health-education-counseling skills.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please direct inquiries to Dr. Caroline J. Barangan, at email@example.com
Subject: Health Educator