1212 W Ben White Blvd
Director of Health Initiatives
Foundation Communities (FC) seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial leader with a public health background to oversee the development and implementation of programming that helps our affordable housing residents lead healthier, more productive lives.
- Assess and understand resident needs and interests around health and wellness and use to inform department programming
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive department work plan with annual goals and target outcomes
- Supervise and coach Health Initiatives team members to ensure effective service delivery, successful execution of responsibilities, and professional development
- Offer a menu of on-site services to residents and community members across FC properties, including access to healthy food, fitness activities, chronic disease management and education, smoking cessation classes, etc.
- Organize and implement events, such as health fairs, mobile screenings and walk/run races, that connect residents with services and promote a culture of health at FC properties
- Provide oversight to the Child and Family Clinical Case Management program
- Lead health and wellness programming for FC staff and achieve annual participation targets
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with other community organizations to enhance programming and connect FC to the larger public health ecosystem
- Foster positive relationships across FC departments to ensure effective collaboration in service delivery
- Develop metrics and measurement systems for assessing the impact of the department’s work and produce reports for internal decision-makers and key funders
- Work closely with the FC grants department to identify and pursue funding opportunities and to ensure all funder requirements are met
- Remain knowledgeable about public health issues and public policy and help FC utilize this information in program planning and implementation
- Master’s Degree in public health or related field plus at least four years of experience developing and implementing programming in a community setting; Bachelor’s Degree with additional relevant experience will be considered
- Experience managing and developing staff and working with a diverse set of community partners
- Strong understanding of Social Determinants of Health and ability to translate into actionable strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use and present data
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
Minimum Education Required