Global Youth Village is hiring! Counselors, Cooks, Teachers, Event Planners & Health Care Manager
- Job posted by Legacy International / Global Youth Village
Full Time Temporary
Details: plus a modest salary ranging between $225-$400 / week depending on role and experience PLUS R & B.
1020 Legacy Drive
Seeking "practical idealists" to join our summer team, working with international teens.
Each summer since 1979, a dynamic community is created at the Global Youth Village that emphasizes experiential learning and challenges young people to turn intercultural theory into practical action. This year 50+ teens and staff from around the world will participate. 2018 highlights include youth leaders from Egypt.
Everyone experiences conflict; what one chooses to do with it is the key. In GYV’s Dialogue Workshop teens learn practical peace-building skills and how to respond productively to conflict and prejudice. They learn how to lead discussions and have constructive conversations with people holding differing viewpoints. They gain tools to deal with anger – their own and others, while developing listening skills, and mastering cross-cultural communications.
The Dialogue Workshop, coupled with cultural programming, sports and arts, alongside the cooperative living setting in this residential camp help participants learn to respect differences and discover similarities that transcend cultural, religious, and political barriers.
Dates: June 27– July 23, 2018 (Select positions may start as early as June 24.)
MOST positions are residential and full time. Housing and meals provided along with a modest salary.
POSITION OPEN, as of April 6:
- LivingSideBySide™ (Dialogue & Peace Building) teacher / trainer
- Art Studio Manager and Arts Instructor
- Administrative staff – event planning, youth services,
- Interns - with interests in program design & management, social media/story telling, sports/recreation/team building; hospitality/food service
- Cabin counselor / program specialist with skills in pool life guarding, rock climbing, sports & recreation
- health care staff - lay or licensed
- food service staff for our whole foods, vegetarian kitchen - experienced and entry level.
All positions are residential and include housing and meals, plus a modest salary ranging between $225-$400 / week depending on role and experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit http://www.globalyouthvillage.org/staff-application/ to read more and download an application.
Contact Leila Baz, HR Coordinator, if you have questions. Email: Staff@legacyintl.org; tel: 540 297 5982; fax: 540 297 1860