1111 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work is anchored by three pillars: transforming hiring practices, expanding learning pathways and pioneering talent financing. With these three pillars, Opportunity@Work and our partners will equip Americans currently overlooked by today's labor market practices to build, demonstrate and be hired based on their skills into well-paid, in-demand jobs and careers across the country.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the IT Operations Associate will provide support for the organization on all IT matters, including ordering and maintaining inventory (laptops, monitors), troubleshooting issues as they arise, connecting with outside vendors to solve issues, and providing operations support as needed.
- Provide internal helpdesk support throughout all departments which may include installing/uninstalling software, replacing hardware, and provide assistance for hardware and software related problems
- Install software, and peripheral equipment (e.g. printer) on staff laptops
- User account administration, including user mailboxes, distribution groups, and resetting passwords
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware as necessary.
- Document and update technical and non-technical solutions
- Create and maintain process and troubleshooting documentation
- Coordinate drop-off/pick-up of equipment for repairs (e.g. Apple Store for macbooks)
- Assist with conference room equipment setup and support
- Update and maintain IT and equipment inventory
- Work with the Director of Finance & Admin on office space setup/configurations
- Follow- up with agents on office equipment maintenance issues
- Coordinate with the ISP provider on bandwidth and troubleshooting
- Coordinate with the phone vendor on telephone system issues
- Help the Product/Solutions/Admin teams on some administrative duties as needed
- Knowledge of and experience in troubleshooting Mac OS is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge using and troubleshooting various applications such as G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience troubleshooting video conferencing systems and software
- Comfortable with using AV sound and video equipment
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Proven customer service skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Prior tech support and help desk experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, punctual, and organized
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and short cover letter in PDF to email@example.com.
- In your cover letter, please include why you believe you would be a good fit for this role in our organization (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities).
- Subject line should read “IT Operations Associate”.
- We value demonstrations of skill above all else. Please provide a summary of how you’ve supported in a tech support or internal operations functions. Other samples of previous work are also welcome and/or can be used instead.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.