Details: $52,000 - $54,000
1300 19th Street NW
At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
PAI is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant that will provide administrative, executive, and logistics support to the PAI President & CEO and is responsible for a broad range of tactical administrative support activities. The Executive Assistant is expected to work with limited direction from the CEO, executing significant discretion and judgment in all aspects of the role. This role will be successfully occupied by a professional administrator who can think/ plan ahead and anticipate needs, as well as commit to thorough follow through and implementation in all aspects of the role.
In addition to managing the President’s calendar, travel arrangements, internal and external meetings, and expenses, the Executive Assistant also provides administrative support for other regular daily activities of the Executive Office and is responsible for the administration of the twice annual Board of Directors meeting. In a liaison role, they plan, prepare, and manage meetings, presentations, and related materials, coordinating with members of the Board of Directors and other PAI departments as necessary. They support the CEO and COO in the implementation of special projects and on matters of organizational management and development.
The Executive Assistant will serve as an active member of a cross-department team of PAI’s back-office functions, including Finance, Administration, Information Technology, Human Resources and Knowledge Management. They will also oversee the recruitment, selection, and work of an Executive Office intern.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executive Management: Manage the President’s calendar, including planning meetings and arranging travel; coordinate and prepare briefing materials and talking points for meetings and trips; maintain Executive Office contacts and reconcile the President’s expenses monthly and as necessary for travel. The Executive Assistant is expected to coordinate closely with the External Relations team, as it relates to the CEO’s fundraising responsibilities.
- Board and Events:
- Plan and coordinate twice annual in-person Board of Directors meetings, including planning meeting logistics, preparing briefing materials for board members, coordinating with Board members on their attendance and travel itineraries, and preparation of professional meeting minutes and lists of follow-up actions.
- Support the execution of twice annual all-Board conference calls/ webinars.
- Support all board committees as necessary, including committee work in between and at in-person board meetings.
- Maintain well-organized and up-to-date board and corporate records and documentation and ensure that PAI adheres to the highest standards of corporate governance. PAI maintains an on-line board portal (via SharePoint) and the EA is expected to serve as the primary point person for the board portal’s content.
- Internal Communication: Serve as a liaison between the Executive Office and other departments, through the building of trusting relationships with department heads and/or attending occasional department meetings.
- Department Support: Assist the CEO and COO in a variety of tasks, including preparing for presentations, the annual planning process, continuous organizational development and management, and HR processes, ensuring applicable data and resources are up to date and available. The EA takes a strong leadership role in institutional monitoring and evaluation efforts as they relate to the activities of the CEO and COO.
- Budget Monitoring: Track and monitor expenditures against the Executive Office department budget and provide updates at regular intervals.
- Strategic Planning: Participate and contribute to the overall strategic plan of PAI by providing strategic thinking around department growth and board governance, and include recommendations for improving cross-departmental work and overall staff partnership.
- Events Coordination: Plan, execute, and facilitate events with external/internal partners.
- Editing: Review, edit, and provide feedback on internal and external documents for the CEO and COO.
- Coordination: Coordinate the work of interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior nonprofit and C-Level support experience is preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefit package.