Philadelphia OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, GED preparation, and employment placement.
Provides supportive services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies; monitoring administrative projects; and assisting in varied aspects of the SOAR reentry program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Develops systems for tracking program participant attendance.
▪ Implements a system for tracking participant supportive service delivery.
▪ Provides general administrative support to staff around office management.
▪ Offers administrative support to staff.
▪ Assists with program related work as necessary.
▪ Answer and direct phone calls.
▪ Manage the reception area and direct visitors to correct personnel.
▪ Handle mail distribution, collating, filing, faxing and sorting activities.
▪ Organize and schedule appointments.
▪ Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
▪ Effectively monitor partnership performance to determine any needs for changes to ensure MOU obligation compliance.
▪ Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
▪ Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
▪ In correlation with other departments, maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials and records.
▪ Prepare meeting logistics through creating and managing contract relationships with current and potential partners.
▪ Assist in developing effective business relationships and partnerships.
▪ Communicate with vendors for back order availability, future inventory, and special orders.
▪ Ensure a superior customer experience by addressing all clients concerns, by demonstrating empathy and resolving problems immediately.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia OIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Level of Language Proficiency
▪ Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadline.
▪ Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
▪ Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
▪ Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
▪ Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet and spreadsheets.
▪ Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
▪ Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
▪ Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
▪ Excellent organizational skills
▪ Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications
▪ Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with ex-offenders is preferred
▪ HS Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
▪ 2-3 years of related experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulatory standards. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect and manage data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database usage.
Time management skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you're interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.