AFSSA is committed to providing the highest quality, client centered and strength based services. The Director of Programs and Client Services will be responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the agency’s Direct Services programming, which includes case management, counseling and transitional housing programs that provide culturally-grounded and trauma-informed services for Asian and immigrant survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Additionally, the Director of Programs and Client Services will be responsible for supervising program staff; managing grant deliverables; liaising with community partners and technical assistance providers; and participation in program and organizational development.
The Director of Programs and Client Services provides the overall direction for management of the Trauma-Informed Family Services Program and must be able to operate with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
Program and Services Management
• Work with the Executive Director to establish program direction for client services and adherence to agency’s survivor-centered philosophy of service delivery
• Administer operational aspects of program including execution of long and short term goals and plans
• Provide culturally-specific, trauma-informed, and evidence-informed interventions for children, individuals, and families impacted by domestic violence who are from diverse and historically marginalized communities
• Oversee and provide supervision to the agency’s Sexual Assault Program and Counseling Program.
• Provide guidance and support to other Direct Service programs
• Work with the Executive Director and other Program Management to provide strategic planning, implementation management, and ongoing evaluation of programs and services.
• In partnership with Direct Services Program Management Team, provide guidance to direct service staff members to ensure appropriate interventions with clients and maintain the agency’s mission and vision
• In partnership with the Hotline Manager, oversee the management of the agency hotline. Additionally, will occasionally handle hotline calls providing support, safety planning and other crisis related services to callers in order to better understand the needs of the Hotline Program
• Provide employee training and ongoing weekly individual supervision to direct services staff to ensure appropriate interventions with clients and ensure staff compliance with grant requirements
• Review staff maintenance of proper client files, statistics and intake forms including bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessments, individual case plans and/or reports; ensure all files are complete and up-to-date
• Maintain resources, information referrals and collaborations that benefit the program
• Collaborate with direct service staff team members to address myriad of client case management needs
• Incorporate the use of trained Direct Service volunteers into direct or support work with clients
• Build and maintain alliances and partnerships between the agency and community stakeholders to promote effective utilization of services and continuity of care concerns
• Attend various agency meetings as required including staff and direct service meetings
• Adhere to all agency, state and federal policies and regulations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Evaluation and Reporting
• Work to identify culturally relevant interventions and assessment tools
• Design or modify specific data collection instruments for programs such as pre/posttests, surveys, assessments, interview guides, and focus group protocol
• Work with staff to collect data and evaluate individual programs
• Develop and submit funder and agency reports
Agency Wide Leadership
• Balance program priorities with agency-wide priorities
• Work with Executive Director and other program managers to implement strategic and organizational planning initiatives
• Participate in the implementation and enforcement of agency policies
• Ensure agency programs are in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines
• Participate in the development and monitoring of agency’s Direct Service Programs budgets and grants
• Ensure compliance with agency and funder policies and procedures
• Participate and coordinate agency-wide projects within the leadership committee
Preferred knowledge, abilities, and skills:
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet multiple deadlines and evaluate assigned program areas
• Knowledge of clinical assessment techniques and evidence-informed practice guidelines
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of effective supervision
• Knowledge of quality assurance and outcome measurements, data collection methods, and evaluation concepts
• Ability to provide training, orientation, consultation, and guidance within programs specialization of practice
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with staff, volunteers, community and national partners
• Experience working in the non-profit or behavioral health field, particularly within Asian, immigrant, and/or refugee communities
• Experience working across diverse communities
Education, Training, and Experience
• Degree in social work, psychology, public health, or related field with three (3) years of applicable experience or 5 years of relevant experience
• Preference for licensed professionals including Licensed Master Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselor
• Valid U.S. work permit
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Paid Time Off, Group Health Plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please fill out our employment application at: afssaustin.org/employment or send resume and cover letter to AFSSA at email@example.com or P.O. Box 14234, Austin, TX 78761. For more information, visit www.afssaustin.org. No phone inquiries.
AFSSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, language, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran with a disability.