As a member of Safe Horizon’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President is responsible for the overall management of eight children & mental health programs including five Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and their respective facilities; the Safe Horizon Counseling Center, the Child Trauma Response Team program, and Safe Way Forward (in June 2022). The Vice President will lead efforts to promote cross-program collaboration and efficiencies to increasingly standardize services across programs and will strengthen and deepen collaborative relationships with partner agencies.
Collaborate with Safe Horizon’s senior leadership and the senior leadership of partner agencies to achieve the following:
· Lead program staff and partner agency staff in advancing anti-racist, trauma-informed and client-centered practices in all facets of program operations;
· Provide vision, oversight and strategic leadership to:
o Citywide CACs, with a multi-disciplinary team, in the development, refinement and implementation of CAC policies, protocols and services aligned with Safe Horizon and CAC national and New York State Program Accreditation standards;
o Safe Horizon Counseling Center: A licensed article-31 NYS out-patient mental health clinic
o Child Trauma Response Team: a program to respond to child victims of crime and abuse by providing brief trauma interventions
o Safe Way Forward: An ACS prevention program working with the whole family, including the person causing harm.
· Serve as Safe Horizon’s Medicaid Compliance Officer and lead an internal Compliance Workgroup to implement best practices, align & revise internal compliance-related policies as needed and adhere with all city, state and federal regulations;
· Oversee the timely and accurate entry of data and utilize data to inform practice and decision-making;
· Lead initiatives to promote cross-program collaborations & partnerships, including trainings, case reviews, forensic interview peer reviews, and anti-racist workgroups;
. Advance Safe Horizon’s commitment to staff equity and leadership development, creating pathways for staff to grow within the organization.
· Provide fiscal oversight of program budgets, in coordination and partnership with Safe Horizon's Finance Team;
· Ensure that all public and private contract objectives are achieved, and that associated reports are completed accurately and in accordance with required timeframes;
· Assume a lead role in strengthening and expanding relationships with elected officials, community-based organizations, hospitals, funders, donors and other key stakeholders and supporters;
· Promote Safe Horizon’s thought leadership initiatives and represent Safe Horizon at local, state and national conferences, public hearings, state and local taskforces & community forums;
· Engage in media appearances in coordination with Safe Horizon's Marketing & Communications Dept.
· Assist Safe Horizon's Development Department in achieving annual programmatic fundraising goals;
· Participate in regular supervision with direct reports
· Utilize technology as a communication and collaboration tool, where appropriate: Email, Calendar, Sharepoint, MS Teams, Zoom, and other applications, as appropriate
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
Note: Required training and meetings might not take place at the same location or borough of your regular work.
Shift: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM, evenings and weekends for site support and emergencies
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
As a member of Safe Horizon’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President is responsible for the overall management of eight children & mental health programs including five Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and their respective…