The Part Time Data Manager is responsible for assisting with the organization and coordination of the Inspire U.S. database around voter registration, civic engagement, and get out the vote efforts. Under the leadership of National Program Managers, the Data Manager will maintain accurate records of individuals who have registered and pledged to vote with Inspire U.S. and will assist with the tracking and analysis of these people over election cycles.
The ideal candidate will possess strong abilities, aptitude and fluidity in managing spreadsheets, various database systems, and qualitative/quantitative data analysis. Additionally, the candidate will understand the importance and share enthusiasm for utilizing this data to demonstrate the impact of Inspire U.S.’ high school and community college voter engagement efforts.
Schedule and Commitment
- This part-time, temporary commitment begins immediately.
- Scheduling for this position is based on weekly events and requires flexibility.
- Hours worked will not exceed 8 hrs per day, nor 30 hours per week.
Scope of Work
The following list of responsibilities and deliverables highlight major expectations, but additional duties may be assigned as needed:
- Complete timely recording and data entry of registration and pledge forms collected during high school voter registration events
- Ensure registration forms and pledge cards are filled out neatly and accurately for ease of entry
- Maintain up-to-date database of voter registration and pledge data in NationBuilder, with accurate tracking and logging of communication
- Regularly clean up inaccurate records in Nationbuilder database
- Coordinate matching between the Nationbuilder and VAN database
- Create school reports to update high schools on the progress of their voter registration and voter engagement efforts
- Run reports on voter registration and voter turnout for each state to aid in goals tracking and award qualification
- Assist with the data management for grants and other types of reporting
- Assist with data analysis to demonstrate key impact impact areas as well as opportunities for improvement in program design and implementation
- Communicate frequently with National Program Managers, Regional Managers, and Organizers with relevant data information.
- As time permits, and as needed, provide support with administrative tasks
- Other Projects as assigned.
This position reports to an Inspire U.S. National Program Manager. Weekly time sheets must
be submitted for approval. Extended hours must be approved in advance, but shall not
exceed 8 hours per day, nor 30 hours per week.
A background check will be required prior to employment. Fees associated with the
background/security check will be paid by Inspire U.S.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required