GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is New England’s leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status, and gender identity and expression. Our work is guided by the values of Justice and Lived Equality; Inclusion, Equity, and Mutual Respect; Anti-Racism; and Collaboration (see GLAD.org website for more details).
GLAD provides a supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to groundbreaking achievement for LGBTQ identifying people and people living with HIV. Recent victories include maintaining a general COVID-19 resource list and set of FAQs focused on family protections, and modernizing family and parentage laws by introducing or passing legislation in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
Other work in progress is focused on passing the Equality Act through a collaborative effort to extend protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. GLAD has also deepened and sharped our focus on racial justice work, including reforming and dismantling systems that we know disproportionately harm LGBTQ BIPOC, such as the criminal justice, juvenile justice, and child welfare systems. We offer staff opportunities to affect change on the interconnections of race and LGBTQ status through their day-to-day work, professional development opportunities, and participation in our Racial and Economic Justice Working Group and GLAD for Economic Opportunity committee.
The Development Department supports GLAD’s work by raising money from individual donations and fundraising events as well as corporate and grant funding. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Administrator is responsible for reporting from and maintaining the integrity of the organization’s Salesforce database. They make sure that constituent profiles are maintained accurately; supervise gift processing from deposit to acknowledgment; conduct queries; generate listings for outreach, meetings and events; and oversee the registration process at major events. The Database Administrator will have experience ensuring the timely reconciliation of financial records.
Qualifications: At least 2 years as a Salesforce administrator with a working knowledge of the platform, the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity, and strong project management skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite. Preference for individuals who have prior database migration experience. We would be excited to have a strategic thinker with an interest in seeing how all of our systems connect and work across departments.
Responsibilities for this position:
· Maintain GLAD’s Salesforce database with an eye toward clarity, consistency, and accuracy; serve as primary system administrator for GLAD’s development and programmatic Salesforce environment with 35 users; and create and update instructional guides to document data procedures.
· Work strategically with other organizational data technology systems and system owners to help ensure that larger processes and systems work well together across the organization including Pardot, Classy, and other integrations.
· Prepare and make all bank deposits, monitor online gift system, provide oversight for weekly reconciliation process, produce final monthly reconciliation reports, and revise coding structure and systems to support fundraising efforts.
· Supervise the Development Operations Assistant and Development Operations & Events Coordinator with a focus on gift entry, developing and maintaining systems to track event sponsorships, acknowledgment letter process, pledges and payments, and recording event attendance.
· Participate in defining and carrying out development objectives and priorities throughout the organization.
· Embrace GLAD’s mission and demonstrate a commitment to its organizational values.
GLAD is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color, transgender persons, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV.
GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is New England’s leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status, and gender identity and expression. Our work is guided by the…
Compensation Package: Mid $50s to low $60s salary; excellent benefits including health, dental and long-term disability insurance; health reimbursement account; 401(k) with employer contribution; three weeks’ vacation; plus, group and individual professional development opportunities.
Compensation Package: Mid $50s to low $60s salary; excellent benefits including health, dental and long-term disability insurance; health reimbursement account; 401(k) with…
To Apply: Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email to Carole Allen-Scannell, Director of Development: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Database Administrator”.
To Apply: Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email to Carole Allen-Scannell, Director of Development: email@example.com with the subject line “Database…