The American University of Beirut is a 150 + year old institution of higher learning chartered in New York State and offering an American liberal arts education in the Middle East. It serves 8,000 students and has six faculties. AUB plays an outsized role in the region, contributing research, expertise, democratic thinking, and innovative solutions in an area of the world dealing with constant conflict and environmental threats. The New York City office supports the university and is a vital link to friends, alumni, and donors in North America.
Job Title: Gift and Data Processing Associate
Department: Office of University Advancement
Location: The Debs Center, American University of Beirut
3 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, New York, NY
As the leading university in the Middle East, the American University of Beirut is a teaching-centered research university based on the American liberal arts model of higher education. Currently the University is in the midst of its most ambitious campaign to date, BOLDLY AUB: The Campaign to Lead, Innovate, and Serve. This $650 million campaign is a donor centric campaign to ensure the University can continue to inspire current and future generations of smart and able students. The Administration Assistant has the opportunity to be part of an innovative team in a fast-paced donor centric development culture that is critical to the University mission. The AUB New York office houses the university’s North American executive, board of trustees, communications, development, and alumni relations offices and is dedicated towards promoting the AUB mission throughout North America.
The Gift and Data Processing Associate will process gifts received from individual donors, corporations, foundations, and third-party vendors, as well other areas of the university that raise funds. This position also creates new records and maintains existing biographical records for alumni, students, friends, corporations, and charitable foundations by researching, reviewing, and entering information into the Advancement databases. This position will be in-person at the New York office.
· Manage all aspects of gift processing including, but not limited to, online giving, in-office checks, wire transfers, LockBox and credit cards, which includes properly identifying and crediting donors with all gifts made though the University’s online giving site.
· Deposit checks in-person at the local bank, process in-office credit cards and other types of funds for Development.
· Ensure accurate and timely processing for all transactions related to recording gifts, matching gifts, and annual pledges. This includes executing the acknowledgment process for the University and applying hard and soft credit to donors accurately.
· Prepare and distribute all acknowledgment letters for gifts processed out of New York.
· Ensures that all IRS guidelines pertaining to the processing and receipting of donations are met.
· Enter all biographical data and other data elements for new and existing constituents into Advancement databases.
· Vet all donors, prospective donors, and event participants out of North America using Advancement compliance software.
· Create profiles for new vendors into the Oracle database.
· Assist in major events, board meetings, and stewardship travel as needed.
· Help in preparing and disseminating donor reports.
Independence of Operation:
Minimal physical effort.
Clean and pleasant office environment.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge of university advancement operations.
· Knowledge of financial processing and reporting.
· Advanced computer skills required including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM platforms.
· 2+ years of experience in advancement services or gift and pledge processing or other relevant experience.
· Strong analytical and planning skills.
· An aptitude for the management and effective use of information systems.
· Ability to work independently and communicate effectively to managers and co-workers.
· Attention to detail and strong communication skills, along with significant organizational skills required.
· Ability to define objectives to develop and implement strategic plans to accomplish University Advancement’s operational goals.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
AUB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Please Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary commensurate with experience.
The American University of Beirut is a 150 + year old institution of higher learning chartered in New York State and offering an American liberal arts education in the Middle East. It serves 8,000 students and has six faculties. AUB…