JOB POSTING: PRESIDENT & CEO
The Foundation for Climate Restoration is now accepting applications for the position of President & CEO. The CEO is charged with leading the Foundation into its growth stage with new funding, new partners and a strategic work plan designed to build awareness and support for climate restoration and carbon removal. After several years of converting from a family foundation to a public charity with a robust network of volunteers, steady donor support and committed staff and Board of Directors (BOD), the Foundation is ready for an entrepreneurial self-starter who can guide its growth and further hone its unique role in a diverse landscape of climate initiatives.
F4CR is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit based in the San Francisco Bay area with a global team working virtually from across the US and multiple countries and a typical budget of approximately $1-2M annually. We are looking for an inclusive, creative, innovative and strategic leader with a deep commitment to climate restoration and a set of personal and professional values that align closely with F4CR’s core values. She/he will work in partnership with the Board of Directors and will be accountable for strategic planning, partnership development, program management and fiscal operations. The CEO will also determine overarching goals and initiatives of the organization, manage the staff, and establish powerful relationships with stakeholders and other nonprofit leaders. Ideal candidates will have experience in nonprofit leadership, policy and government relations and a successful track record of robust fundraising. Experience in the climate change arena is a significant plus. The CEO will be a poised, confident, and energetic spokesperson who can lead an organization during a time of great national evolution and change.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter complete with salary requirements and resume to the F4CR Board Search Committee at email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRESIDENT & CEO
The Foundation for Climate Restoration seeks an entrepreneurial, highly experienced non-profit executive who has a deep commitment to encouraging and supporting Climate Restoration and is ready to transform an emerging public charity into a globally recognized voice and brand.
Ideal candidates should have:
- an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset with a demonstrated track record of building a new organization and attracting new funding.
- professional experience in a senior leadership role in one or more of the following contexts: climate advocacy, strategic philanthropy, sustainability, racial/social justice, impact investing, and/or the public sector. Fluency across more than one sector helpful.
- a strong senior leadership track record including building and managing relationships in a multi-cultural stakeholder system as well as demonstrated ability to recruit and lead cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- outstanding communication skills to engage with stakeholders and ecosystems at all levels
- a proven ability to develop innovative strategies to expand a network of potential members and engage existing and new funders and investors in productive, long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor’s or masters’ degree (or MBA) in public administration or related fields (e.g. sustainability, social services, health care)
- 5-10 years of non-profit senior leadership experience
Job requirements and duties:
- The CEO is a public face for the Climate Restoration Foundation and and represents the brand of the organization, serving as a primary spokesperson on behalf of the organization, with stakeholders, government entities, and the public.
- The CEO is charged with growing the Foundation from its start up phase into a mature, professionally run non-profit with widespread recognition as a leader on carbon removal strategies. He/she develops high quality organizational strategies and programs as well as creating a vision for success and plans to ensure their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- The CEO is a trusted partner to the Board, the F4CR team, and partners, working collaboratively to define the unique value proposition of the Foundation within the diverse ecosystem of climate initiatives and in line with F4CR’s vision and mission.
- The CEO manages the team to focus on a results framework to ensure resources are aimed toward the highest impact activities and establishes key performance metrics (KPIs) to ensure the targets are achieved through sound business processes. The CEO will manage both programmatic and financial metrics and work with the staff to collect, analyze and report relevant data on a regular basis.
- The CEO is a skilled relationship-builder with the proven ability to create alignment around a shared vision, and a track record of moving from idea generation to actualization.
- Working in a decentralized, globally distributed and highly creative organization, the CEO fosters a culture of integrity, inclusion, and collaboration.
- The CEO oversees the fundraising strategy and execution.
- The CEO is expected to work in a multi-cultural ecosystem with a variety of stakeholders, including convening and facilitating collaborations and partnerships with grassroots groups, policy and governments leaders, private sector industry leaders and climate change community leaders.
- The CEO must be a strategic, effective steward of F4CR’s assets both financial and political and ensure adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the organization’s legality and ethics.