Details: $14 per hour
Families In Schools
1545 Wilshire Blvd. #700
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Student Success Coach is responsible for providing college preparation information, presentations, workshops, tutoring, financial aid information, and mentorship to high school or middle school youth. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide one-on-one or group assistance to high school students at assigned high school during the school year;
• Provide classroom workshops at the school site as scheduled;
• Advise student (and families) on the college application process (financial aid, college applications, etc.);
• Recruit students at high schools that will be part of the Cal-SOAP program;
• Provide skill building/homework assistance to Cal-SOAP students during lunch and after school;
• Provide administrative assistance to the Cal-SOAP Program Manager & Site Supervisor as needed, including but not limited to: scheduling college visits, student and parent workshops, financial aid & college application workshops, etc.;
• Through Google Docs maintain a bi-weekly record of students who receive academic and advising services;
• Attend all mandatory program orientations, training, retreats, and monthly meetings which are held every third Friday of the month from 1:30-3:30 pm at Families In Schools;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Currently we are seeking student coaches at: Blair High School (Pasadena), Crenshaw STEMM (LAUSD), Roybal Learning Center (LAUSD), Belmont High School (LAUSD).
• Currently enrolled at least part-time in college or university (undergraduate or graduate).
• Must be able to present current class schedule at the time of interview and update every quarter/semester.
• Must demonstrate financial need by presenting current Student Aid Report (SAR) at the time of interview (and update yearly).
• Must submit FAFSA application yearly.
• Must be available to work during school hours (high school/middle school);
• Available to work a maximum of 20 hours per week;
• Must have knowledge of requirement as they pertain to financial aid, college applications, and A-G;
• Experience working with high school youth in a similar academic/educational outreach program is a plus;
• Good time management and interpersonal skills;
• Bilingual skills a plus;
• Must have a vehicle and valid and insurable Driver’s License;
• Successful candidates will be required to be fingerprinted and TB tested;
• This is a grant funded position contingent on available funding.
HOW TO APPLY: EMAIL RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
EMAIL RESUME TO email@example.com