1100 H Street, NW
– a dynamic and growing criminal justice reform organization with nearly three decades of experience advocating for fairer sentencing laws – is hiring a National Digital Organizer to join the team’s national advocacy campaign launched in 2018. We are looking for someone willing to get a lot of work done with a heart full of passion, who excels working on complex projects, and is self-motivated.
The person in this position will work directly with the Director of Organizing and Community Building and campaign leadership to develop and execute a national online advocacy engagement program.
The position supports web content development and the implementation of digital communication and engagement strategies (email, social media, SMS, and online campaigns), with a heavy emphasis on public engagement and building across states. In addition to managing the digital advocacy campaign, the organizer will coordinate across our communications and web development team.
The National Digital Organizer is a fast-paced, self-driven position that requires a blend of interpersonal skills, creativity, flexibility, and familiarity working with various tech platforms – CRMS, including Blackbaud – great writing skills, and a willingness to complete different tasks every day.
The position will require poise and comfort with the FAMM leadership team, leaders from local partner organizations, and organizers in states. The prime candidate will be passionately committed to our mission, able to think strategically and act pragmatically, willing to work with anyone who can help (regardless of party or ideology), and creative about bringing the stories, data, and facts about federal sentencing and prisons to state legislators, Congress, the media, and the general public. Our team and our work involves many moving parts and it is critical that everyone is committed to effective coordination.
· Devise digital organizing and engagement strategies for FAMM’s national advocacy program
· Establish goals and track data
· Work with Director of Organizing to implement FAMM’s digital organizing strategies and campaigns (i.e., email, text, calls, petitions, etc.)
· Learn, maintain, and continuously improve processes and systems for engaging and empowering FAMM’s virtual and national volunteer and advocates network
· Support social media engagement and tie social actions to campaigns
· Create and adapt outreach materials, trainings, and tools
· Manage members in our database (Blackbaud: Raiser’s Edge and Luminate)
· Developing virtual and in-person trainings for staff and volunteers, as well as external trainings for local constituency groups
· Other duties as necessary
WEBSITE CONTENT MANAGEMENT
· Work with organizing team to plan and input content into FAMM’s Justice Now Action Center website
· Utilize technology features to make our website more engaging
· Brainstorm creative content campaigns and ideas
· Create digital toolkits for promoting FAMM’s campaigns
· Collaborate on strategies for expanding and improving online engagement, and social media
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Interest in and commitment to criminal justice issues
· Experience with CRM, Blackbaud is a plus
· 2+ years of digital communications, digital engagement, or digital marketing strategy
· 1+ years of digital advocacy experience for issues-based campaigns
· Working knowledge of social media platforms and strategies for audience growth and engagement (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
· Experience facilitating conference calls, in-person trainings, and in making calls to volunteers
· High attention to detail
· Ability to work well with senior staff across departments
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent management, strategic thinking, and planning skills
· Ability to think positively, problem-solve, and adapt to changes
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
· Event planning is a plus
This position is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation depends on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. Generous benefits and vacation and sick leave will be provided. FAMM is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.