Reporting to the founder, the Program Manager will guide and execute the strategy for Focused Athletics efforts to best serve our student athletes. The position will be mainly remote, but we expect that the Program Manager will be a regular presence at our twice-weekly training sessions (Wed 6pm-8pm) and Sundays (2pm-4pm).
- Design, implement, and evaluate the Education Committee’s strategic plan, both in the short-term and long-term
- Lead cross-departmental collaboration along with other volunteers
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with various stakeholders, including departments of education, school districts, and coaches
- Oversee the organization and execution of training and tutoring sessions, workshops, and fundraisers
- Work closely with FA founder on weekly tasks and objectives
We seek a strategic, collaborative, and mission-oriented individual.
- Piloting and developing new curriculum and training programs.
- Developing assessments
- Experience with the various subjects areas (e.g. critical thinking, social and emotional learning)
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force
- Able to manage with clarity and respect, gracious professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills
- Actively open-minded and intellectually curious
- Highly collaborative; sincere commitment to building relationships
- Strategic leader with strong execution skills; innovative thinking at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Thrives on managing a variety of initiatives concurrently; able to create schedules and keep deadlines.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Able to establish and build trust with volunteers, students, and board members