The Employment Specialist is responsible for building and cultivating an employer network; evaluating labor market data to determine employer demand and usage of Philadelphia OIC services while determining improvements and ways to leverage relationships with employers to meet Philadelphia OIC’s placement metrics.
The Employment Specialist will develop and implement a strategic plan for job placement services with a strong focus on previously incarcerated individuals (1) for ages 18-24 and (1) for ages 25+, and will ensure achievement of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual job placement goals for each program.
The Employment Specialist will assist individuals in the Skills Opportunities Achievement Responsibility (SOAR) Re-entry program to obtain employment, matching program participants with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant’s skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations.
• Build sustainable relationships with current and potential employers through a range of sales and marketing initiatives (telephone, field visits, job fairs, direct mail, presentations, marketing materials, social networking, etc.).
• Manage time and performance by meeting and documenting weekly/ monthly targets for prospecting calls, new employer appointments, job starts, verifications and follow-ups with existing employers.
• Serving as the liaison among employers, participants, and our criminal justice partners
• Discuss the need for a program matching ex-offenders with employment.
• Provide the “public face” of the organization and program.
• Maintain an updated roster of participant placements and potential job opportunities.
• Work with Case Managers and Vocational Trainers to match participants with appropriate employers.
• Participate in training and mock interviews.
• Develop Industry Advisory Boards for the targeted industries identified by the SOAR program.
• Survey employers to maintain their needs are being met.
• Provide regular updates to Program Manager.
• Implements a system for monitoring participant supportive service delivery.
• Ensures all supplies and materials are appropriately inventoried and monitored.
• Documenting all participant and employer contact, activities, and outcomes in our case management system
• Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; recommending re-deployment of designated resources
• Assists with program-related work as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
• Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
• Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations or a related field (Preferred) or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales, Social Work, Sociology, Criminal Justice or a related field with a proven track record of success.
• Acquaintance with the local employment market and community resources.
• Knowledge of the collateral consequences that occurs when someone acquires a criminal records and strategies to combat these consequences when assisting to place an individual in employment.
• Familiarity with the city, state and federal laws, regulations and codes related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations, particularly those related to criminal background checks.
· Communication/Presentation skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Organizational skills
· Time management skills
· Technical skills
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.