The Director, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Special Events) will be responsible for partnering with the Deputy Executive Director to lead the Special Events program in the Seattle market for the Crohn’s & Colitis Northwest Chapter, including its first annual dinner, Epicure, and Flag Football Tournament. This results driven position will be responsible for maximizing event revenue and for developing strategies and implementing event best practices to ensure the Chapter meets and exceeds annual special events revenue goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Deputy Executive Director, Recruit, develop, and manage a volunteer-driven, revenue-focused committee for each campaign to ensure success through corporate initiatives and recruitment activities that support growth objectives
- Identify, recruit, cultivate, and support constituents to find meaningful engagement in our mission and chapter community
- Work with volunteers, donors, participants, and committees to maximize their personal impact on our mission
- Cultivate a pipeline of future volunteers and honorees for all special events
- Work with chapter on special event strategies as it relates to identifying and cultivating major gift and sponsorship prospects
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of revenue, relationships, and other data to ensure ongoing success.
- Utilize multiple fundraising strategies and tactics to maximize revenue/
- Highly driven fundraiser who will develop strategies and implement event best practices that will lead to a profitable special events programs within the chapter.
- Proficiency with a variety of fundraising models, including individual giving, auctions, and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Strong leadership skills in volunteer management and development
- Strong attention to detail
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to assess and prioritize key deliverable's while managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in MS Office required; familiarity with OneCause and Blackbaud products (CRM, Luminate Online) preferred.
- A desire to improve the lives of IBD patients
- BA/BS degree with relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization
- Successful track record in fundraising, with preferred experience in special events, auctions, and peer-to-peer fundraising models
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed, for event related meetings
- Access to reliable transportation