6505 Wilshire Boulevard
Established in 1954, the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles manages charitable assets of over $1 billion entrusted to it by more than 1,300 families. The Foundation partners with donors to shape meaningful philanthropic strategies, magnify the impact of giving, and build enduring charitable legacies. Over the past 25 years, The Foundation has distributed over $1 billion in grants to thousands of nonprofits across a diverse spectrum.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Database Manager is responsible for maintaining The Foundation’s Raiser’s Edge database, as well as accurate and efficient interconnection with all other organizational databases, including Financial Edge and GrantedGE. The manager is responsible for accurate data entry, required lists and reports, and providing training and support for Foundation staff on data entry and management issues. The manager also provides basic technical support for the office including troubleshooting issues with PCs, printers, and telephones (approximately 10% to 15% of position).
- Provides Raiser’s Edge database administration, including interfaces with related systems to support the transactional and informational needs of the Foundation.
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry, processing, tracking, and reporting.
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of Raiser’s Edge information including constituent record data entry, coding and sign-up requests, as well as reconciliation among databases. Updates records upon receipt of notices of death from Lexis Nexis and other sources.
- Builds and runs advanced queries, exports, reports, appeal lists and electronic or postal mailing lists. Supports data analytics and production of annual Donor Impact Reports with Finance team.
- Maintains and updates gift acknowledgment letter templates.
- Supports and trains Foundation staff on data entry, data management, queries, and other database issues/processes (including all Blackbaud databases).
- Creates standard operating procedures for the Foundation’s databases, and keeps process documentation updated.
- Supports communications with Foundation’s IT consultant and technology vendors to troubleshoot issues and manage database updates/improvements.
- Provides basic technical support for the office and serves as gatekeeper for higher level requests, in coordination with CFO.
- Identifies and manages opportunities for integration of databases, and coordinates internal meetings to identify and resolve issues that arise around integrated databases.
· Assists with mailings and publications as well as engages in special projects as assigned.
· Performs prospect research.
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Required)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or Management Information Systems from an accredited college or university is preferred (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
· Two to five years’ experience in database management, ideally in a non-profit environment.
· Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as external vendors’ grantmaking and finance programs including Raiser’s Edge.
- Advanced working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud software and connected tools.
- Knowledge of systems and methods used to store, organize and retrieve data; current relevant technology and computer software applications; and general business practices and principles.
- Basic IT troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make informed decisions
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas both in writing and orally
Minimum Education Required