11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. To support our mission, we seek a highly motivated Digital Analyst to join our team in Reston, VA.
As Senior Manager of Digital Engagement, you'll help lead a team that will develop digital campaigns to support the advocacy and fundraising efforts of the National Wildlife Federation. You'll work collaboratively across the Federation to create email, social media, and web content that is engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You’ll also support the Federation’s advocacy, fundraising, and program goals, uncovering opportunities, overcoming challenges, and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms.
In this role you will:
- Lead a content creation team to develop integrated campaigns utilizing action alerts, fundraising appeals, social media content, and website copy to support the Federation’s revenue, advocacy, and program goals.
- Collaborate with national, regional, and affiliate partners to support the Federation’s conservation priorities. Serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital campaigns and digital engagement strategies.
- Analyze performance metrics and monitor progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promote data-driven decision making.
- Endeavor to stay abreast of innovative digital campaign methodologies and strategies and foster a knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing or advocacy fields is preferred
- Experience managing teams and fostering cross-team collaboration is preferred
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is desirable. Experience working in a member organization, in environmental conservation or in political campaigns a plus.
- Superior communications and political savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills. Creative thinking. Problem solving. Attention to detail.
- An ability to work in a dynamic environment, coupled with strong initiative and willingness to take on projects and run with them.
- Knack for managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, staying on budget, and delivering quality content and user experiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is desirable, as is familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tools.
- Experience with a mass mailer program like Convio, BSD Tools, Salsa, MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar would be ideal.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We aspire to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical ability, and religious and political belief. Diversity at the National Wildlife Federation translates into understanding and valuing each other's perspectives.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a complementary team and strongly support candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
If you are interested you should submit both a cover letter and resume.
Minimum Education Required