Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Rapid- Re-Housing Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Director Behavioral Health and Housing
POSITION STATUS: Non Exempt Regular Full-time (37.5) Hours per week
PURPOSE: The Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re- Housing Program will provide
rental, utility and financial assistance services to help refugees and immigrant families with financial hardships and homelessness. The case manager will provide a variety of assistance, including: rental assistance, housing relocation and stabilization services.
1. Work with the Program Coordinator to schedule and conduct needs assessments for Program participants.
2. Develop clearly written individualized service plans based on the assessments and submit to program coordinator for approval.
3. Review, process and submit to program coordinator client’s application package.
4. Provide transitional support and case management services to participants enrolled in the program.
5. Coordinate with the Program Coordinator participant move-in activities such as visual unit inspection and procuring of move-in documents to submit to Program Coordinator.
6. Liaison between participants and landlords in matters relating to apartment maintenance as well as rental payments to stabilize the family housing situation.
7. Make referral to appropriate providers and resources to resolve clients other barriers in order for them to be ready for employment.
8. Develop a plan that ensures clients’ employment issue is resolved and that they have steady income
9. Develop individual family services plan by developing an action plan to resolve clients barriers to service.
10. Provide information to property management staff or unity owner regarding move in and departure of individual’s families.
11. Schedule and conduct meeting with client, property manager/owner to inspect the unit and approve for Rental.
12. Participate and contribute to program team building.
13. Attend program meeting and trainings
14. Perform all other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
- AA in Human Services field and two years professional experience in Social Services field.
- Deep understanding of refugees and immigrants housing needs.
- Two Years proven ability to provide high – quality job support services to clients.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge of database, word processing and e-mail programs.
- Knowledge of housing market trends, and employment and training services.
- Must have own transportation, a valid Washington state drivers’ license, and able to travel to multiple sites on a regular basis.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, and with changing responsibilities.
- Proven ability to: work independently as well as part of a team, effectively multi- task, consistently meet deadlines, prioritize and organize work load and the ability to work with diverse staff and volunteers.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply