The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A non-profit organization based in New York City, with more than 14,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, research, and professional development events.
The marketing coordinator helps in the work to support programmatic departments in developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans across a wide spectrum of areas. These programmatic areas include AMS membership, teacher education, school improvement, conferences, and fundraising. In addition, the marketing coordinator plays a lead role in the management and execution of the organization’s email and social media marketing efforts.
- Help grow and maintain our digital channels and audiences using best practices and creative campaign ideas
- Implement paid media campaigns across a variety of channels (e.g. Google grants, promoted/sponsored posts, display advertising)
- Oversee organization marketing calendar, ensuring all milestones are executed accurately and on time
- Collaborate with communications team on content strategy and development
- Generate content for AMS social media platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) according to articulated criteria, and responds to community queries and comments
- Craft and implement our dynamic and engaging email program (Mailchimp)
- Review website content, flyers, and other materials as needed
- Liaise with mail house, take leadership with outreach to expand direct mail
- Create reports on web activity and outcomes of e-mail campaigns
- Create and manage a KPI dashboard to analyze website, email, social, and paid media analytics and identify opportunities to optimize engagement and tune digital campaigns over time
- Represent the organization to members, vendors, and other key partners
- Assist with web edits
- Execute other tasks and duties relevant to the position, as they emerge
- Keep abreast of developments in social media and digital trends, tools, and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field preferred)
- 2 – 5+ years demonstrated experience implementing digital marketing strategies, including SEO best practices
- Experience with social media management software and/or dashboard
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords, and experience managing Google display ads
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and email Service providers (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact)
- Strong writing, editing, reporting, and project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Competent in all applications within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to think creatively and generate original content
- Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with marketing automation tools (e.g. Hubspot)
- Basic video editing skills
- Knowledge of Montessori education
- Experience marketing to parents of young children
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the position and a resume. No calls, please.
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.