Details: Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive.
11001 Midway Road
JOB OPENING: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
DIGITAL STRATEGIST preferred in Dallas, TX but flexible
Workers Defense Project (WDP) is seeking a full-time Digital Strategist to build an innovate and effective digital campaign operations that support WDP policy and members campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track-record of designing and executing digital campaign. He or she will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload. This position is an excellent opportunity to engage working people, business and industry leaders, nongovernmental organizations, and policymakers.
About Workers Defense Project
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers. Its mission – to empower low-income workers to achieve fair employment through education, direct services, organizing and strategic partnerships – is accomplished through a network of dedicated staff, volunteers and members. WDP has won numerous awards for its cutting-edge achievements within one of the country’s most difficult climates for workers. The New York Times described WDP as “one of the most creative organizations for immigrant workers in the country”.
About Workers Defense Project and Workers Defense Action Fund
Workers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) seeks to build a long-lasting infrastructure that will engage working Texans in the electoral and legislative processes that affect their lives. WDAF educates and informs voters about their rights, advocates for stronger protections for workers and engages historically underrepresented voters in campaigns to elect representatives that care about working families' needs.
Job Description: Digital Strategist
The Digital Strategist will be responsible for working with the Communications Director, to create and implement strategic email and social media campaigns, raise funds online, and inform constituents about our work. WDP is looking for a motivated individual that can build WDP’s digital presence, grow its base of supporters, and elevate worker voices.
● Design, execute, and track email, social, and other digital media tactics for organizing, legislative, and political campaigns. Analyze the results of digital campaigns to continually improve our effectiveness.
● Track and analyze campaign metrics, to develop and execute digital targeting strategies.
● Write and edit dynamic and effective online mobilization communications on WDP’s platforms.
● Help develop a strategy for integrating online and offline activism across program areas.
● Work with Communications Director to develop digital strategies to achieving program goals.
● Produce, write, and coordinate the organization’s website updates, assist with blog posts, and oversee WDP’s email program.
● Work closely with Communications Director and WDP teams on strategic organizing campaigns.
● Research and recommend emerging digital technologies and channels.
● Work with staff to develop messaging for organizing and fundraising campaigns.
● Train staff and be a resource on online organizing, communications, best practices and tools, and work closely with teams to determine how support can be provided.
● Be trained to respond to press inquiries, prepare and support staff on interviews requests.
● Track current events to amplify breaking news on WDP digital platforms.
● Experience executing strategic communication plans through traditional and digital communications.
●Proven experience designing, executing, and tracking successful email, SMS, social, and other online advocacy programs.
● Some experience working with the press.
● Demonstrated track record or propensity to thrive in a team-based collaborative environment.
● Commitment to building power with marginalized communities, including working people, immigrants, and people of color.
● Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
● Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or a related field.
● Fluent in Spanish.
● Based in Dallas, TX.
● Some experience in crafting and pitching campaigns to bloggers and websites.
● Design, produce, and manage online visual and video content that speaks to the organization’s target audiences and values.
● Digital organizing experience a plus
Benefits include Heath, Dental and Vision Insurance and as well as retirement. You will also receive personal and sick paid time off as well as vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. WDP will conduct a criminal background check after making a conditional offer for this position.
WDP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, female, and LBGTQ individuals to apply.