Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications (approx. $30,000-$45,000/annum)
The Office Administrator (“OA”) reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) and works seamlessly with the Fiscal staff. The OA’s primary responsibility is to support the Fiscal team members by fulfilling various administrative tasks.
ABC's mission is to defend the right of every child to a joyful and nurturing childhood by creating compassionate programs in urgent response to the needs of New York City's most vulnerable children and families.
All of ABC's programs adopt a "whole family" approach that responds to the unique, urgent, and often changing needs of each child and family. With programs in early childhood education for at-risk infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, supportive housing, health and mental health services, crisis intervention, family support and preservation, year-round youth development, and an open door to the community, ABC is a refuge for impoverished families.
The Office Administrator (“OA”) will work directly with each member of ABC’s Fiscal Team splitting tasks based upon priority and the needs of the department. The position will be responsible for supporting the administrative needs of each Finance team member including (but not limited to) filing, digital archiving, and basic financial and human resource tracking.
This is a full-time position with benefits and PTO. Hours can be flexible but standard office hours are preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications (approx. $30,000-$45,000/annum)
File Organization –
In general, the OA would be responsible for ensuring that team files are organized and kept up to date. This would also pertain to accessing and re-filing during times of audit and/or monthly closings where supporting documentation needs to be reviewed.
Digital Archiving/Scanning –
ABC makes every effort to be paperless and because storage space is limited, use physical space efficiently. The OA would be responsible for the development and implementation of digital archiving workflows for the Fiscal Team. S/He would take on the task of scanning, organizing the resulting digital files, and disposal of the hard copies consistent with ABC’s retention policy.
Finance-Related Tasks –
The OA may be asked to perform basic financial/bookkeeping duties which may include maintaining spreadsheets, data entry, and/or assisting with audit preparation.
- Tenant tracking – rent rolls: maintain an accounting of existing tenants, their lease information, and rent payments.
- Data Entry – input transactional data related to Accounts Payable/Purchasing.
- Contract lists – maintain a listing of the public/government contracts that ABC operates.
- Vendor lists – maintain a list of applicable vendors, any agreements that we may have with them (e.g. lease terms), and the volume of their business.
HR-Related Tasks –
The OA may be asked to perform basic Human Resource duties which may include maintaining spreadsheets, data entry, and/or assisting with audit preparation.
- Document Checklists – Ensuring that all personnel files are complete and up-to-date,
- Compliance Tracking – maintain a list of important dates and paperwork (e.g. credential/licensing expirations).
- Onboarding – Assist in the collection of required paperwork for newly-hired employees.
The OA may be asked to perform basic office administrative tasks, such as:
- photocopying, scanning, mailing, and filing in conjunction with day-to-day duties.
- scheduling and managing co-op space and team meetings.
- participate in special projects as needed.
Interested candidates should have the following:
- At least 1 year of experience working in an office/administrative setting,
- Education; HS Diploma (required)
- Fluency in all standard PC office software such as Word, Outlook, Excel
- Diligence, attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment, within and across departments/functions and develop positive relationships with staff.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English) required
This is a full-time position with benefits and PTO.
Minimum Education Required