441 East 148th Street
An Invitation to Apply for the Position of
Part-Time After-School Group Leader
Girls Prep Bronx Middle School
Girls Prep Lower East Side Middle School
Bronx, NY & New York, NY
Overview: About Public Prep
The Public Prep Network (PPN) is a nonprofit organization that develops single-sex elementary and middle public schools that pursue excellence through continuous learning and data-driven instruction. Our model is designed to empower each student to build strong character, demonstrate critical thinking, possess a core body of knowledge and be on a predictive path to earn a degree from a four-year university.
Our network is currently comprised of three tuition-free single-sex public charter schools across five campuses and one tuition-free single-sex Pre-K. Our campuses are: Girls Prep Lower East Side Elementary, Girls Prep Lower East Side Middle School, Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School, Girls Prep Bronx Middle School, and Boys Prep Elementary School. The Pre-K program, PrePrep: the Joan Ganz Cooney Early Learning Center, is housed inside of Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School.
Public Preparatory Network/Public Preparatory Academies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Primary Function & Position Overview
The After-School Group Leader fulfills their commitment to our mission by ensuring that after-school intervention and enrichment is consistent and safe, and ensures that our girls continue to exhibit scholarship, merit, responsibility, and sisterhood during after-school time. This work will assist our scholars in meeting their goal of getting to and through college. The After-School Group Leader reports to the After-School Program Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The After-School Group Leader is responsible for the overall development, management, and organization and planning of his or her group. In addition, the After-School Group Leader is responsible for the supervision of all staff assigned to the group.
- Taking attendance and managing dismissal
- Supervising transitions
- Proctoring homework help
- Ensuring seamless operations and maintaining the classroom environment throughout the after-school program
- High School Graduate at least 2 years related experience in youth development programs preferred
- Able to lead and participate in group activities
- Ability to work with Middle School youth in an after schools setting
- Must have a commitment to working with youth with a variety of unique learning needs, while providing high-quality services
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective
- Those with an interest in single-sex education and pursuing careers in education highly preferred
Please be sure to attach your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required