Endeavor Insight Contract Research Assistant - Project on Birmingham & Manchester
- Job posted by Endeavor Global, Inc.
Details: $25 an hour for a maximum of 40 hours a week
Endeavor Insight is currently looking for short-term Contract Research Assistants to work on our study of entrepreneurial communities in Birmingham and Manchester in the United Kingdom. The Contract Research Assistant will be working for 30-40 hours per week for 3 months from our office in New York.
This study will identify the fast-growing businesses in these cities and analyze their characteristics to uncover practically useful data on the patterns found among these firms. These patterns will highlight where local entrepreneurs have found opportunities in the local communities and provide insight for supporting entrepreneurs who have potential to scale up quickly.
Research questions for this project include:
- What patterns can be found among the industries of fast-growing entrepreneurial businesses that are scaling in these cities?
- Is the local entrepreneurship community on the right path to empower more firms to reach scale in the future?
- Is the entrepreneurship community targeting the right industries?
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Research assistants will conduct in-depth business research into these cities and evaluate the performance of different industries based on where entrepreneurs are reaching scale.
Some aspects of this research include:
- Case study research of specific companies that have reached exceptional levels of scale in these cities.
- Industry level research with the goal of identifying trends in entrepreneurial activity and making comparisons across industries.
Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates must have previous experience doing in-depth industry or company level research. They should be capable of managing large amounts of data and possess strong quantitative skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a Finance or Business degree.
Demonstrated interest in international development or entrepreneurship is a plus.
Contract duration: August - November 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants should prepare a cover letter explaining why they want to work at Endeavor and why they are the best candidate for this position. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application at http://endeavor.org/work-with-us We can only respond directly to select applicants. No calls please, and best of luck!