1887 Bathgate Avenue
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy treatment to children in the pre-school setting, performs physical therapy assessments, supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and students.
The position requires a New York State License including the requirements mandated by the Federation of State Boards in Physical Therapy, a Master’s degree in physical therapy, experience and/or training in pediatrics.
- Implements the physical therapy intervention plan directly or in collaboration with others.
- Screens and evaluates children to obtain and interpret data necessary for planning intervention and for treatment planning. Performs advanced, specialized evaluations or assessments as indicated by an individual child’s needs.
- Documents services as required by Volunteers of America as well as third party payers.
- Follows to the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as well as Volunteers of America policies and procedures.
- Maintains treatment areas, and equipment as required.
- Supervises physical therapy practitioners (PTA’s), physical therapy students and other staff performing supportive services as a part of service provision.
- Participate in professional development activities as mandated by the Volunteers of America and by the requirements for the continuation of physical therapy licensure.
Volunteers of America offers a comprehensive benefits package to help protect you and your family, top-notch training opportunities, and an energetic and professional work environment.
Minimum Education Required