Safe Horizon’s Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Engagement will build and manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships, working to increase fundraising revenue with an annual goal of approximately $1 million or more; expand awareness of Safe Horizon’s mission; and position Safe Horizon as a thought leader on issues in the wider victim services sector. This position will be responsible for increasing corporate development revenue and building a network of substantial external partnerships. The position will be responsible for helping to advance the mission of Safe Horizon and significantly expand annual corporate revenue by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate partners for multiple Safe Horizon program areas. The ability to coordinate and manage relationships and projects with multiple stakeholders is essential, as is a strong engagement and commitment to Safe Horizon organizational values and vision. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Institutional Advancement.
- In collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer and Vice President, Institutional Advancement, develop both stewardship and engagement plans for corporate partnership initiatives within a specific and growing portfolio of corporate supporters.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals within the assigned portfolio; and present progress to VP, CAO and senior leadership.
- Oversee a robust employee engagement program (corporate community-based fundraising, volunteerism, pro bono support) for the assigned portfolio, working closely with Events and Major Donor teams
- Conduct research and lead prospecting efforts to expand the pool of corporate prospects for sponsorship, grant support, training, and cause marketing. Create and maintain a pipeline of possible corporate and foundation partners by identifying key institutional decision-makers and proactively reaching out to companies/funders to establish new partnerships.
- Represent Safe Horizon at local and national events.
- Implement fee-for-service initiatives as part of corporate partnerships.
- Develop cause-marketing promotions to increase issue awareness and generate revenue.
- Work with Program staff to explore strategic grant opportunities.
- Research funding sources and issue-related trends, with foresight, to help position Safe Horizon.
- Maintain fundraising records in database, including revenues, proposal and report submissions, deadlines, deliverables and interactions for effective moves management.
- Establish clear goals and metrics for measuring success; seize opportunities for professional growth.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work, partnerships, writing, and approach.
- Take on special projects as requested, plus other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years of corporate fundraising experience, including independently executing a sophisticated fundraising operation at a nonprofit or similar. Demonstrated history of successfully meeting fundraising goals.
- Experience in non-profit institutional grants management, sponsorship, or cause marketing
- Excellent research, presentation and writing skills required, including general correspondence, solicitations, and major sponsorship proposals.
- Exceptional attention to detail while acutely aware of the "big picture."
- Comfortable working with various constituencies and skilled in articulating the mission of Safe Horizon in a manner that generates supportive responses; history of success in securing and managing new relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and manage multiple demands.
- Passion for Safe Horizon’s mission & values, grounded in anti-racist and survivor-centered analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to travel within New York City as needed.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: