3 Soi Pa Phrao
Chang Wat Chiang Mai
Our Mission: Find, help, and empower people in need.
Our Vision: Change the lives of 50,000 people.
Our Values: Efficiency, Initiative, Integrity, Professionalism, Transparency.
Philanthropy Connections Foundation (PCF), is a Dutch-Thai foundation with an operations office in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We serve as an implementing partner to locally-run organisations in Thailand, Cambodia, and Myanmar. Our programme areas support education, migrants and ethnic minorities, refugees, healthcare, childcare, and women’s empowerment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an Executive Director (ED) to take the lead in organisational growth and development. The ED will lead our high-capacity team to fulfil our mission to find, help, and empower people in need. S/he will work with our Programme Director and Communications and Development Director to take PCF’s funding and programming to the next level, and oversee the organisation’s administration and finance, strategic planning, and governance. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of our mission and values, as well as the skillset to effectively manage resources for organisational development. The ED will report directly to the Founder and Board of Directors, which is comprised of a Dutch Board and Thai Board.
This is an exciting time for our organisation as we re-organise and expand our programmes and fundraising, and a unique opportunity to change the lives of thousands in Southeast Asia.
Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Programmes and development
- Staff management
- Relationship building
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Implement, monitor and revise the strategic plan, and ensure that all planning and decision are guided by the foundation’s mission, vision and values.
- Engage the Founder, the Board, staff and other stakeholders for strategic planning.
- Provide clear, effective and inspiring leadership for all staff.
- Work with staff to tie annual work plans into the strategic plan, to set and reach deadlines, and to secure the resources needed to meet strategic goals.
- Foundation management, including meeting with individual staff to monitor foundation operations.
- Direct human resources activities, including hiring, termination, benefits and professional development.
- Manage the Finance and Accounting department.
- Direct PCF’s financial activities to fund operations and increase efficiency.
Programmes and Development
- Work with the Founder and Communications and Development Director to secure fundraising goals via individual donors and grant-making institutions.
- Meet with the Founder and Board once a year to present foundation activities, the annual financial report, and annual budget plan.
- Engage the boards as needed on strategic and decision-making levels.
- In networking for the foundation, consider potential candidates to add to the Board of Directors or Advisory Board.
- Engage and build relationships with donors, partner organisations and other stakeholders at the local, regional and international level.
- Serve as liaison/representatives to other businesses, organisations and stakeholders to fulfill PCF’s mission.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a management/leadership position, either in the for-profit or nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and developing businesses or organisations, preferably in the non-profit sector or Southeast Asia.
- Experience in personnel management – motivating, developing, and directing staff.
- Experience in budgeting and financial resource management.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organised.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, organisational, planning, and supervision skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values and programmatic outcomes of PCF.
- Experience working in an international environment a plus.
- Fluent in English, able to communicate in Dutch and/or Thai a plus.
- Thai nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
20 days’ paid vacation with annual unused rollover days, 7 personal business days, Thai holidays, 30 days’ sick leave, use of organisation motorbike and monthly gas stipend, monthly cell/internet stipend, and visa/spousal visa coverage.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English, able to communicate in Dutch and/or Thai a plus.
Thai nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and three recommendations to email@example.com. The subject email line should include Executive Director Application.
Position open until filled.