1155 15th Street NW
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies, including drugs, medical devices, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, veterinary, and tobacco products.
As Administrative Coordinator, you will report to the Chief Operating Officer but will provide administrative support to all of FDLI's departments including IT, Educational Programs, Publications, and Membership and Marketing. This position also serves as the first point of contact for emails and phone calls directed to the organization. FDLI has a staff of 19.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading industry software, and many opportunities for career development will be provided along the way. This is a position that will allow growth in skills and responsibilities, based on interests and ability.
- Provide customer service:
- Manage and direct member and customer inquiries.
- Provide assistance with log-ins, registrations, and other requests.
- Process customer orders.
- Contribute to and maintain database systems – account/contact creation, updates, merges, etc.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the office, including all large conferences and multiple publications.
- Process checks and other payments.
- Prepare and send membership renewals.
- Review primary contacts, update contact lists, etc.
Here’s what you might have tackled in the last week:
- Created new account and contact records for new members/customers.
- Fixed database errors.
- Registered attendees for upcoming conferences.
- Provided webinar access to attendees.
- Adjusted attendee records to reflect transfers or cancellations.
- Provided customer support for a variety of issues via phone and email.
- Surveyed office inventory, and placed any necessary supply orders.
- Supported event staff with onsite administrative tasks during conferences.
- Recorded volunteer activity for FDLI publications.
- Provided author copies, both digital and print, to FDLI authors.
- Assisted with book order tracking information for customer orders via Lightning source.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Database experience, or a strong drive to learn
- Flexibility in adapting to changing situations
- Ability to prioritize in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability writing professional email correspondence
- Ability fielding customer inquiries
FDLI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
FDLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is FDLI’s policy to hire individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Coordinator” in subject line.
No calls, please.