Civic Nation seeks a Vice President for Partnerships for a new public education and grassroots mobilization effort, the Covid-19 Vaccine Trust Campaign, which seeks to build trust in the COVID-19 vaccines and promote other behavioral changes to combat the pandemic. The effort will serve as a centralized hub to coordinate and disseminate messages and effective strategies through a broad coalition of trusted partners.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Vice President for Partnerships will be primarily responsible for crafting and executing a strategy for establishing and maintaining relationships with national partners and will work closely with the Programming team in developing relationships at the local and state levels. This role will oversee a small team focused on managing these important relationships.
The ideal candidate for this position brings at least a decade of campaign experience, has a demonstrated ability to foster an environment of collaboration and teamwork, has a deep understanding of how to build community and relationships, and is passionate about equity in our healthcare system. This person should also be proactive, detail-oriented, be an excellent project and staff manager, and thrive in balancing the execution of multiple priorities.
This is a remote, “short” term campaign that will end in July 2022.
ABOUT THE COVID-19 VACCINE TRUST CAMPAIGN
Extensive research shows that half of Americans say they either will not or are unsure if they will get a COVID-19 vaccine, with particularly high rates of uncertainty among the very communities hardest hit by the pandemic. Experts across the public health sector are calling for an unprecedented public outreach campaign to overcome this hesitancy.
Recognizing this urgent need, we are launching the COVID-19 Vaccine Trust Campaign, a communications, outreach, and grassroots mobilization effort to build public trust in the COVID-19 vaccines through trusted messengers who can engage in dialogue and share clear, consistent information with the target audience.
The program will serve as a centralized hub to coordinate and disseminate messages and effective strategies through a broad coalition of trusted partners. We’ll work with partner organizations to reach local leaders who will serve as medical experts, and work to expand our network of validators through grassroots programs that encourage community-based institutions to share information with their communities.
● Craft and execute a strategy for establishing and maintaining relationships with national partners.
● Advise the ED and senior leadership team on strategies to expand and deepen relations with partner groups and serve as a member of the senior staff in all appropriate decision-making and organizational functions, while ensuring that partner perspectives and needs are elevated.
● Lead a team that will build and maintain close relationships with a broad set of partners at the national level.
● Establish formal partnership and coordinate with a wide array of organizations and leaders, including the health, business, and non-profit sectors several national allies to work alongside this entity.
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with national and state-based civic engagement organizations and leaders, including in organizing networks, the labor movement, issue and advocacy coalitions, as well as other allies, colleagues and potential clients and partners.
● Liaison with state and local election officials and agencies to establish communications and transparency, seek cooperation, and address issues and potential problems.
● 8-10 years of experience building coalitions and relationships.
● Leadership experience in grassroots civic and voter engagement campaigns, advocacy campaigns, or electoral campaigns.
● A track record of getting results in a fast-paced professional environment.
● Experience in healthcare advocacy space preferred.
● An understanding of the broader civic engagement and disinformation landscape.
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
● Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
● Value community building and relationships and have a clear theory of change for how to build trust in underserved communities.
● Strong ability to listen, understand, connect, earn trust of, and collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization.
● Deep and proven dedication to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● High degree of comfort with change and working in a rapid response environment.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation serves as a mobilization hub at the intersection of creative communications, community organizing, narrative and culture change strategies, and high-level stakeholder engagement. At Civic Nation we house some of the most innovative campaigns organizing for progress across the country including It’s On Us, The United State of Women, and When We All Vote, Co-chaired by Michelle Obama.
Civic Nation also partners with some of the country’s most influential voices, brands, organizations, and institutions, and brings together a collection of leading talent with deep expertise in their individual issue area and a collective passion for civic engagement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000. Our comprehensive benefit plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees; generous paid time off; access to 401k plan, and more.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line VP Partnerships, COVID Vaccine Trust Campaign.
The cover letter, addressed to Chris Wyant, should be concise, compelling, and include what makes you the best fit for this role. As all good relationships are built on trust, whether with friends, family or otherwise. Please also include what trust means to you and how you think about building trust.
The urgency of this campaign matches the urgency of the crisis we face. We will be scaling up quickly and will fill roles on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Civic Nation seeks a Vice President for Partnerships for a new public education and grassroots mobilization effort, the Covid-19 Vaccine Trust Campaign, which seeks to build trust in the COVID-19 vaccines and promote other behavioral…