5 Prospect Hill Road
Summary of Position:
Cultural Site Interpreters are tour guides responsible for helping visitors make connections between themselves and Naumkeag by engaging visitors through interactive and multi-sensory strategies that provoke, excite and inspire.
· Lead interactive interpretive tours for visitors of all ages.
· Welcome and orient visitors, acting as an ambassador for Naumkeag and The Trustees and providing excellent customer service.
· Promote the mission of The Trustees; encourage guests to join us as members
· Participate in training sessions that provide professional skill development and inform staff of interpretive philosophies and techniques that improve our visitors’ experiences at Naumkeag.
- Follow best practices in safety and collections care and security in order to protect the collections, gardens, house, and visitors.
· Perform other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· 1-3 years’ experience with teaching, museum education, theater background, and/or customer service.
· Bachelor’s degree in history, education, or a related field preferred.
· Friendly, active listener with excellent conversational and public speaking skills.
· Ability to engage visitors through multi-sensory interpretive techniques including storytelling, hands-on activities, and interactive discussion.
· Ability to provide respectful, exceptional customer service to all visitors, and willingness to meet the needs and interests of all visitors.
· Availability to work at least one day each weekend and some evenings.
This position requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, climb steep inclines and multiple flights of stairs, working indoors and outdoors in inclement, hot, and cold weather conditions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more info or to apply go to http://www.thetrustees.org/about- us/employment/ No Phone calls.