Under minimal supervision, provides on-site supervision and coordination for daily center activities and Meals on Wheels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the daily activities of the Senior Center to which assigned and leads in the development and implementation of Berks Encore’s strategic objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Manages and oversees the Meals on Wheels program, including food ordering, volunteer scheduling for delivery routes, volunteer recruitment & retention, and meal packing.
- Implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, program plans, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and recommends changes required for improvement.
- Implement programming as directed, track and achieve specific outcomes and scientific measurements as determined by Berks Encore’s Strategic Plan.
- Supervises programs for recruitment and retention of older adults in center activities and programs.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains a volunteer structure to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manages the annual budget for the center assigned and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses with the CFO.
- Assists in the planning and development of programs, including identifying resources and preparing goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Takes a role in developing relationships with key stakeholders, community and civic groups, and local colleges / universities in order to develop collaborative programming.
- Serves as a local liaison between Berks Encore’s and community organizations, business leaders, and agency staff; creates connections and partnerships between external clients and Berks Encore resources.
- Recommends and participates in the development of Center policies and procedures.
- Establishes systems to monitor and assess the effectiveness of existing and new programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum Associate's Degree in social work, education, psychology, preferred or 3-5 years’ related experience
- Knowledge of older adults and issues related to aging.
- Skill and proficiency in computer and Microsoft Office applications including Excel a must
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within an aging community.
- Skill in budget management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele, board, and staff.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and recommend integrated, creative solutions.
- Skill in implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate volunteers.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement programs.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical senior center work environment.
- Able to lift and move 20 lbs daily in order to perform the daily function of Meals on Wheels.
- Able to reorganize the center for change in programming throughout the day.
- Car, proof of insurance, and valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to deliver Meals on Wheels if a volunteer cannot be assigned.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.