165 West 46th ST
Artists Striving to End Poverty (ASTEP) was conceived by Broadway Musical Director Mary-Mitchell Campbell and Juilliard students to transform the lives of youth using the most powerful tool they have—their art. Today, ASTEP connects performing and visual artists with underserved youth in the U.S. and around the world, using the arts to awaken their imaginations, foster critical thinking, and help them break the cycle of poverty.
ASTEP seeks a personable and detail oriented individual as Development and Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with nonprofit management and fundraising experience and strong organizational skills. Like all members of the ASTEP community, the Development and Administrative Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of ASTEP and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
The Development and Administrative Assistant reports to the Co-Executive Director and is responsible for database management, donation processing, special events, and special projects.
The Development and Administrative Assistant will commit to 15 hours a week and is based in the office in midtown Manhattan. This position begins April 23, 2018 and will not become a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a clean, efficient, current database of all prospects, donors, and other constituents in SalesForce
- Process acknowledgements, contributions, credit card donations, gifts in kind, and other information related to special events, donor cultivation
- Assist with the needs of all fundraising initiatives such as quarterly newsletter, bi-annual campaigns, including direct mail.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events including invitation development and press
- Assist with general clerical support of administration/HR, financial management and programs
- Assist with ASTEP social media activities, including curating and collecting program content from ASTEP staff, volunteers and partner organizations.
- Assist with website maintenance and content creation
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in nonprofit administration and fundraising with particular expertise in annual giving, database management (preferably in SalesForce), and event planning or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- Web and graphic design skills helpful
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, maturity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Davinia Troughton, Co-Executive Director: email@example.com. Only applicants who are being considered as candidates will be contacted.