As DIGDEEP’s Research Assistant, you’ll provide crucial technical and administrative support for our American Projects Director from the initial phase of a project until the end. You will work both in the field and in the Los Angeles office. This position requires flexibility and the ability to support the American Projects Director on different levels, ranging from managing the day-to-day to long-term projects.
The ideal candidate loves research. You must be organized and have great attention to detail, and should share DIGDEEP’s commitment to providing safe, running water to all Americans. You are quick, independent, and focused on creating change. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re always focused on making the world a better place.
This position is part-time and based in Los Angeles at DIGDEEP HQ. It requires occasional travel to the field and to conferences. The Research Assistant will report to and work closely with the American Projects Director, also working regularly with field staff members, partner organizations, community members, and leaders of potential and existing project sites.
This position runs through April 30, 2020.
Researching and Identifying New Projects
- Researching and contacting necessary personnel and vendors to facilitate projects’ needs
- Handling major and minor logistics through all phases of a project
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Compiling, compartmentalizing, and analyzing data as needed
- Problem-solving any onsite issues that arise in the field
- Writing, editing, and reviewing reports from data collected during the initial project phase
- Presenting and organizing materials for presentation
- Taking detailed notes and helping keep track of budgets, revenues, and expenditures
- Blending technical, financial, and narrative writing to report on our projects
- Keeping inventory spreadsheet up to date and ordering supplies as needed for projects
- Researching comparable sales information for water system parts
- Coordinating with necessary vendors and contractors
- Preparing, researching, and presenting material for events and conferences
- Gathering and preparing materials to educate donors of ongoing projects
- Coordinating event logistics and travel itineraries for the American Projects Director
- Aiding in outreach and awareness projects to educate the public and develop our donor base
- Maintaining DIGDEEP’s presence within the local community, governmental and non-governmental institutions, development sector, and other relevant stakeholders
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining positive community relationships
- Strong work ethic and able to complete assignments autonomously with little oversight
- Ability to understand project goals
- Access to an internet-connected smartphone and computer
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to self-start
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- General cultural awareness/sensitivity
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within the development sector or related field with increasing levels of responsibility.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Google Drive
- PLUS: Nonprofit Experience
- Part-time (approximately 24 hours per week), $22/hour,
- No 401(k) or benefits package
- Consistent M-F schedule
To apply: Provide cover letter and resume
DIGDEEP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Los Angeles. You must live in or relocate to LA for this position. The DigDeep Right to Water Project (DIGDEEP) is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Deadline to apply: August 31st
Minimum Education Required