EdNavigator is a nonprofit organization that helps hard-working families find a path to success in school and beyond. We partner with leading employers like Marriott, Hyatt, and Tulane University to bring expert educational support right to the workplace as a benefit to employees. We help parents and caregivers choose schools, understand their children’s progress, support learning at home, advocate for their children’s educational needs, and even advance their own education as adults. We believe that everyone wins when families are better informed and more engaged. For more information: www.ednavigator.com.
Guide Families on the Path to a Great Education
We are currently seeking a Master Navigator for Boston, MA. This role will build and lead a team of Navigators to support families throughout Boston. Navigators are expert education advisors for families. They offer guidance and support inperson, at the workplaces of our employer partners, and virtually through our app. Their job is to engage individuals who have access to EdNavigator’s support, build strong relationships with them, understand their goals, and do whatever it takes to help them reach those goals.
Lead a team of life-changing navigators
o Create an open and inclusive working environment consistent with EdNavigator’s culture, operating principles and performance values
o Set clear standards for quality in navigation and ensure all Navigators and pods consistently achieve these standards
o Monitor and balance Navigator caseloads and progress towards member goals o Provide oversight, feedback and coaching to Navigators and pods to optimize their performance and growth
Provide ongoing, high-impact education support to a caseload of parents, grandparents, adult learners, and others. This includes:
o Engaging individuals who are eligible for EdNavigator (e.g., through events and outreach efforts)
o Creating educational plans with clear goals, and ensuring students and families achieve them o Regularly reviewing and analyzing educational records o Proactively offering useful advice, tips, resources and perspective
o Communicating effectively and building strong, trusting relationships with families and schools
o Meeting with families at their place of work on a regular basis o Joining families for critical in-person school meetings, where appropriate
o Generating practical solutions to challenges facing families and students
Cultivate and build a healthy network of employer partners and sponsors
o Ensure that there is a clear point person for each sponsor/partner 2
o Ensure sponsors are delighted with our work and well informed about our progress.
o Cultivate strong relationships with local partners
o Look for opportunities to expand our work within the community
o Support and contribute to EdNavigator’s partner cultivation strategies nationally • Represent EdNavigator locally and nationally o Represent EdNavigator at events, conferences, media interviews, etc.
o Ensure that EdNavigator is seen as a respected, indispensable community asset o Cultivate strong relationships or partnerships with community groups
o Serve as a leader within EdNavigator; ensure that it is a place you are proud to work, accomplishes meaningful outcomes and treats people well. o Establish a strong and unique voice within the city and education sector
Qualified candidates will have deep roots in their community, a fierce belief in the right of every family to a great education, and a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated success working directly with local students and/or families in fields such as education, social services, or counseling. They will also be:
• An excellent manager who can develop and support a team to do high quality work
• Flexible, curious, and eager to learn and receive feedback
• Excellent, highly responsive communicators
• Adaptable and comfortable with uncertainty or ambiguity
• Well-organized and able to balance multiple priorities and deadlines efficiently
• Action-oriented and focused on getting results
• Creative, persistent, and effective problem-solvers
• Self-disciplined and able to work well independently in our virtual organization
• Friendly, collaborative, and team-oriented
• Highly comfortable with technology such as Slack, Dropbox, MS Office, Google products, and our mobile app
• Comfortable contributing insights and upward feedback to support our organization’s success
• Willing to travel for monthly team meetings and other events
Send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com
We offer a competitive compensation package and the possibility of an annual, performance-based bonus. Full-time employees also are eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan, including:
• Premium health, dental and vision insurance for you and your family
• Optional additional insurance coverage through Justworks
• Four weeks paid time off each year • Betterment 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Home office setup allowance for eligible employees Interested?
Minimum Education Required