Dean of Scholars Paraprofessional (Immediate Hire) (Campus: Steele Street)
- Job posted by University Prep Elementary Schools (Denver, Colorado)
Details: Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
3230 East 38th Avenue
Position Summary: The Dean of Scholars Paraprofessional (DoSP) role supports University Prep in achieving its “to and through” college mission for all children. Our school has established a support system for scholars with additional behavioral challenges that involves an opportunity to reset behaviors and get re-focused on learning. The DoSP directly supports the scholar reset room when a scholar needs to be removed from the learning environment for disruptive behaviors ensuring a quick reflection and return back to the classroom. Furthermore, the position assists in running In School Suspensions (ISS) to ensure scholars are on a positive path to classroom re-entry. The DoSP assists the school-based leadership team with data input, ensuring records are thorough and current to be used for analysis and decision making. Finally, the position works closely with the school-based leadership team, engaging in regular meetings, in the moment feedback, and consistent team reflections.
· Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
· Strong verbal and written skills.
· Experience or familiarity working with students, especially in a K-5 setting.
· Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
· High school diploma or equivalent (at minimum).
· Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
· Work closely with the Principal, leadership team, and full staff to create a consistent, structured, joyful and safe learning environment.
· Effectively running the reset room so that after scholars are removed for disruptive behaviors they can quickly and successfully return to the classroom.
· Oversee scholars’ progress in ISS to ensure a successful return to the classroom and a mitigation of repeat offenses.
· Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars, families and staff.
· Input data into schools’ behavior dashboard to track critical school-based behavior data.
· Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
· Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
· Support during transitions and school wide daily activities (breakfast, lunch, recess) to ensure behavior expectations are being upheld and school values are being lived at all times.
· Engage in one-on-one behavioral and/or academic supports for extended periods of time with scholars in greater need of intensive supports.
· Maintain accurate student discipline records.
· Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
· Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in overall performance.
· Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
Compensation: U Prep staff receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
Apply Today: visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required