About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people annually in 54 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
The Events and Corporate Relations Manager will be responsible for oversight and coordination of HELP USA’s fundraising events both large and small, as well as managing and developing relationships with our corporate partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and execute small- and large-scale events, including annual gala dinner, annual luncheon, holiday toy drive, corporate volunteer events, major donor site visits and stewardship gatherings, and cultivation breakfasts.
- Work with all vendors, HELP staff, and outside parties to successfully execute event logistics.
- Develop project plan and calendar for each event.
- Ensure stewardship strategies are applied to all event supporters, sponsors, and vendors to help ensure long-term and repeat engagement.
- Research, identify, and cultivate new and existing corporate and community partners and sponsors through events and corporate partners program. Help determine and refine corporate levels of support and associated benefits.
- Serve as point of contact to new and existing corporate contacts and prospects, and funnel these relationships up to senior staff as appropriate.
- Help build year-round cultivation strategy for corporate partners and prospects.
- Work with department staff to develop all corporate and event materials including proposals, written solicitations, sponsorship documents, personalized acknowledgements, and other collateral.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of special events experience, preferable in the nonprofit sector and with events raising $850K+.
- Track record of planning and organizing successful fundraisers, including management of vendors and venues, helping to plan event programming, budgeting, and securing sponsorship.
- Background in leading corporate donors and prospects through a formal sales funnel.
- Experience developing corporate proposals, sponsorship opportunities, and sales materials.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills required. You are a natural people person.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including superior attention to detail, outstanding time management, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver before or at deadline.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as knowledge of fundraising/donor software such as Salesforce and Classy.
- Proactive in anticipating department needs and challenges, and able to offer creative solutions.
- Flexible and willing to switch gears quickly as needed, and to work some evenings and weekends.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required