733 Third Avenue, 3rd Floor
Flexible location - Must work out of a Society office
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
Flexible location - Must work out of a Society office
Serve as partner responsible for updating and delivering on the International Progressive MS Alliance (Alliance) operational business plan across the various leadership and work teams.
THE ALLIANCE IS AN UNPRECEDENTED GLOBAL COLLABORATION OF MS ORGANIZATIONS, RESEARCHERS, CLINICIANS, PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, AND PEOPLE AFFECTED BY PROGRESSIVE MS, TRANSFORMING THE LANDSCAPE OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. THE SENIOR SPECIALIST WOULD:
· Coordinate, align and track the team functions of the Alliance's six leadership committees, including the Executive, Scientific Steering, fundraising, communications, finance and industry forum committees. Ensure effective communication between them, schedule and coordinate various committee agenda/meetings, track progress and report milestones and success measures
· Provide organization and tracking on key Alliance documents and resources
· Coordinate the development and ongoing management of Alliance-wide work.
· Understand and deliver on the Alliance's materials with a high level of attention to detail, and a continuous improvement approach to processes, timelines and impacts.
· Assist in the development and implementation of communications and fundraising materials
· Provide leadership to facilitate meeting planning and meeting communications
· Ensure adherence to the Alliance's governance policies
· Coordinate, align and track the team functions of the Executive Committee, fundraising, communications, finance and industry forum committees. Ensure effective communication between them, schedule and coordinate various committee agenda/meetings, track progress and report milestones and success measures
· Regularly communicate progress, upcoming milestones and project status to all key stakeholders. Ensure appropriate stakeholders are informed of timelines and deadlines, including any changes to those schedules.
· Ensure adherence to timelines and deadlines while reporting to the AVP, Global Initiatives and working effectively with key stakeholders as needed.
· Work across channels and closely with colleagues to ensure that high quality work is produced on a carefully planned and managed timeline.
· Collaborate as needed across the Alliance work teams, Society marketing team and other stakeholder teams, along with external agency(ies), as required.
· Manage organization of meeting documents, resources, tracking timelines and other Alliance resources
· Assist in the development of Alliance-wide materials, processes and policies, focused on continuous improvement.
· Ensure that good practice is applied to project management and governance. Manage key dependencies and ensure that accountabilities and responsibilities are understood
Meeting and Management Support
· Schedule calls and meetings for the Alliance Executive Committee, Communications, Fundraising, Industry Forum, Scientific Steering Committee and other Alliance related meetings. With oversight of the AVP, Global Initiatives, develop agendas, slide decks, facilitate meeting tools, collect and share survey data and reports
· Assist with coordination for Alliance exhibits and participation at external meetings and conferences
· Manage Alliance meeting logistics from contract negotiation, to planning, execution, invoicing, room blocks, speaker preparation, donor engagement etc. with oversight from the AVP, Global Initiatives.
· Assist in planning and execution for Alliance meetings, including liaising with vendors.
Communications and Fundraising
· Assists in development and implementation of communication materials, such as presentations, meeting notes, annual reports, the Alliance website, media materials and announcements.
· Support the development of fundraising proposals, foundation grants, pharmaceutical contributions and other supporting materials for potential donors with capacity to make major gifts to the Alliance
· Support onboarding for and stewardship of Alliance Foundation members through development of updates and video meeting calls and presentations
· In coordination with the fundraising work team and AVP, Global Initiatives, support the development of experiences for potential donors with Alliance member organizations such as receptions, briefing's, high level donor events, attendance at scientific meetings and meetings with key scientists
· Assist on pre-meeting communications, meeting materials and post meeting communications.
· Bachelor of Arts or Science
· Ability to join occasional early morning meeting calls
· In lieu of a degree, 5+ or more years in a communications, marketing and project management environment with demonstrated experience in building timelines and managing multiple projects across across a distributed organization
· Prefer to be based in Denver or New York
· Some domestic and international travel may be required
· 3 years related experience
· A proven track record of success in support a large, geographically dispersed project in the voluntary, public sector or multi-site environment of comparable size and complexity, to deliver high quality results to deadlines and under pressure (Essential)
· Demonstrable understanding of and experience in working across cultures to deliver results (Essential)
· Demonstrable experience of applying effective problem-solving techniques when the situation demands (Essential)
· Strong proofreading, editing and communications skills
· Understanding of brand, marketing and advertising/promotional plans; materials development with consideration to differing cultural norms and languages
· Ability to create strong relationships with team members across geographies
· Strong collaboration with cross-organizational stakeholders and ability to create and follow processes and communicate around delivery and time-sensitive materials
· Experience in adhering to strict brand standards, language guidelines, and other asset management policies as required
· Excellent time management, customer-service attitude and working across channels
· Demonstrated experience developing and managing numerous multi-channel projects in a fast-paced, international environment
· Experience working closely with production creative staff, likely located in various countries, as well as asset manager(s) and other team members to ensure high-quality work product in on-time delivery
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PPT, gotomeeting, and Excel, project management and other collaborative tools and systems
· Available for phone calls outside of normal work hours
· Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
· (IF APPLICABLE) This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
· (IF APPLICABLE) Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society