190 Academy Road
TITLE: Elementary Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Minister
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting Religious Education programming for children and families of children in Pre-Kindergarten through 5thGrade. The Elementary Coordinator will also provide administrative assistance to the Assistant Minister of Faith Formation.
WORK SCHEDULE: This 12hr/wk; 42 wks/yr; non-exempt position includes presence during Religious Education classes and events, usually scheduled for Sundays; participation in weekly supervisory meeting with the Assistant Minister; when requested, attendance at the monthly Religious Education Committee meeting.
Applicant must have Sunday mornings available. Remaining hours are flexible and may vary from week to week.
1. Support programming for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5thto create meaningful and exciting experiences, including coordination and support of volunteers.
2. Provide administrative support to elementary teachers and families; maintain attendance, permission documents, database records, and program notes as needed.
3. Review assigned curricula and prepare weekly Religious Education lesson plans for four elementary aged classes. Fill in as Religious Education teacher or teaching assistant as needed.
4. Collaborate with Ministers and volunteers to plan intergenerational worship services in the sanctuary and during monthly Children’s Chapel.
5. Provide guidance and support to children with special needs. Uphold North Parish Safe Congregation Policy and behavioral covenant. Seek supervision from ministers for all significant concerns.
6. Facilitate integration of children into the life of the congregation.
7. Undertake other duties as requested by the Assistant Minister.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires work experience with children and education, preferably in a setting with volunteer staff. The individual will have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Comfort with liberal religious philosophy essential. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and training working with children with special needs and/or different learning styles.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicant must have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of comfort interacting and communicating with children, their families and other members of the congregation.
EDUCATION: Required BA or BS, or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS: Applicant must comply with requirements of Safe Congregation Policy prior to active employment including background check.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required