Are you looking to help New York communities access the benefits of solar power while exploring career opportunities in this growing industry? Solar One’s Community Solar program will give you first-hand experience in community solar project enrollment while expanding your skills and industry knowledge.
● Part-time 15 hours per week
● Salary: $25/hour
● Some evening and weekend work possible
● Flexible start date: June/ July 2020
● Temporary summer position with possibility of extension
Community Solar Associate Overview
Solar One is developing community solar projects, large solar projects that serve hundreds of renters throughout New York City, in close partnership with affordable housing providers and environmental justice organizations. These community solar projects will provide utility bill savings and employment opportunities to low- and moderate-income New Yorkers.
The Bilingual Community Solar Associate will be an integral member of Solar One’s Community Solar team. The Associate will support the customer enrollment process for community solar projects in New York City in English and Spanish. The Associate will assist customers to complete the enrollment process, including qualification, consultation and contract signing. The Associate will also field incoming emails and calls about Solar One’s community solar programs; assist with monthly reporting; and conduct short public-facing workshops about the enrollment process. This position is 100% remote for the summer of 2021, and offers a flexible schedule. Some evening or weekend work will be required.
You can read more about our programs here: www.herecomessolar.nyc
● Support the customer enrollment process for community solar projects offered by Solar One by clearly and comfortably describing the project(s) and enrollment process to interested households
● Field incoming emails and calls from households that are considering signing up for community solar projects
● Guide potential customers through the sign-up process, including requesting utility bills, reviewing a contract, and answering questions
● Hold consultation calls with interested households to review the enrollment project
● Follow up with individuals that have not yet completed their enrollment through email, phone, or text
● Report on the status of the enrollment pipeline to your manager
● Provide ad hoc support for the Community Solar program, including research, analysis, and preparing presentations or outreach materials
Qualifications & Desired Skills
● Fluent in Spanish and English
● Previous experience in a customer support role responding to customer inquiries
● Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to a diverse audience
● Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail and proven ability to handle competing priorities
● Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and internet research
● Interest in renewable energy, environmental justice, or community development
● Team player with a passion for Solar One’s mission of expanding access to clean energy, and a commitment to advancing that mission
● Able to work some evenings and weekends
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of renewable energy and resilience and people in a rapidly changing world. Solar One recruits and employs through a lens of equity and encourages people of all races, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law to apply.
Are you looking to help New York communities access the benefits of solar power while exploring career opportunities in this growing industry? Solar One’s Community Solar program will give you first-hand experience in community solar…
Fluent in Spanish and English
Fluent in Spanish and English